HolidayBuyer's Guide

Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare

by smile317 / December 15, 2007 7:44 PM PST

Thought it releases on the 7th. I was excited for this game up until i discovered no vehicles! no planes! no fun!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yeh would have been nice
by not2worried / December 16, 2007 11:12 PM PST

Yeh would have been nice...
But its the best shooter I have played all year.
And the online play is Great!! ( Xbox360)

Collapse -
great buy
by sgtsolidus / December 18, 2007 1:05 PM PST

Alot of people have said the same thing and been extremely surprised. While there are no vehicles, the indepthness of the gameplay and multiplayer easily makes up for it. in singleplayer there are some vehicle spots for you to shoot from and they are all action packed. and when you finish the single player campaign (it's unfortunately short) online multiplayer is much better than any other game i have played. Before i bought this i always played between battlefield 2 and 2142 and i don't think i'll ever go back unless someone asks me to. the best part being the ranking system which doesnt matter how good you are you just earn experience gain ranks to unlock weapons and addons for those weapons. i woudl suggest buy even with the lack of vehicles.

Collapse -
COD4
by maltadude / January 26, 2008 6:14 PM PST
In reply to: great buy

Playing COD4 with your mats, it's super!

Collapse -
Vehicles
by bevillan / January 28, 2008 11:44 PM PST

This game would blow with vehicles in multiplayer. The maps aren't designed for vehicles (narrow streets, not many open areas) and the game was meant to focus on fierce gun battles, not a guy whoring a tank.

If you want vehicles, wait for BF: Bad Company.

Collapse -
Call Of Duty 4
by Jag Panzer 69 / March 14, 2008 11:03 PM PDT

Can anybody tell me the requirements to run this game on a computer

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.