Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Cable News Race - from Drudge

by David Evans / November 4, 2004 10:09 PM PST

Take from it what you will, but note that leftists are eating the dust of the fair and balanced. Much like in the election, yuk yuk yuk!~

=======================

CABLE NEWS RACE
NITE OF WEDS, NOV. 04

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4.5 [SHARE]
FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 4.0
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 2.7
FOXNEWS GRETA 2.4
CNN LARRY KING 1.5
CNN ZAHN 1.2
CNN AARON BROWN 1.2
CNN COOPER 0.9
MSNBC HARDBALL 0.8
MSNBC OLBERMANN 0.6
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.7
CNBC DENNIS MILLER 0.3
CNBC MCENROE 0.1

DE

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cable News Race - from Drudge
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cable News Race - from Drudge
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Election night coverage...
by Angeline Booher / November 4, 2004 11:21 PM PST

But on election night, viewers turned to an old-timer.

Television viewers gave Tom Brokaw a going-away present, making NBC their network of choice for election-night coverage.... was watched by 15.2 million viewers during prime-time

ABC's coverage was seen by 13.2 million viewers, CBS' coverage by 9.5 million and Fox's by 4.7 million, Nielsen said.

Among cable news networks, 8.1 million people watched Fox News Channel, 6.2 million saw CNN and 2.8 million viewers tuned in to MSNBC.

http://www.wnbc.com/politics/3889137/detail.html

Me? I went with Jim Lehrer and PBS (I like my special news without show biz), so I know they had at least one viewer.:-)

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Yeah, me too Angeline.
by Ziks511 / November 6, 2004 4:03 PM PST

It would have been a deal breaker when my wife was offered work up here (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)if we hadn't had access to a good PBS Station. Fortunately we did and do and we have the Canadian equivalent TVO and 2 BBC stations too.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
Here I have...
by Angeline Booher / November 7, 2004 12:32 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah, me too Angeline.

BBC America. It's nice to hear the different opinions and takes on world events.

Along with Jim and the News Hour and Washington Week in Review, I try to catch Christian Amanpour, Cafferty, and Lou Dobbs on CNN.

Angeline

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Things, they are a changin!
by Kiddpeat / November 5, 2004 12:39 PM PST
Collapse -
I don't understand the significance
by Rick S / November 5, 2004 12:48 PM PST

Do real americans watch Fox?

I watched all the channels, i was comparing electoral votes across each station to see who was being fair and balanced.

You know what?

They all leaned.

Collapse -
Re: I don't understand the significance
by Roger NC / November 7, 2004 12:36 AM PST
They all leaned.

True enough, which is why it's not a good idea to watch only one.

We all probably pick one we watch the most. I'll watch Fox as far as continuous news most of the time I'll admit. But I normally watch CBS or NBC at the evening news time. And at work they often have CNN on in the break area.

It's not a good idea to only listen to those that you agree with. If nothing else, you need an idea of what you're disagreeing with. But the fact is you need a bit of different bias to help remind you there is no "just the facts, ma'am" story.

RogerNC

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.