Question

c9950w Surround Sound System Not working

Hi guys.
I need help.
I have recently bought a Samsung Series 9 with the c9950w Surround Sound.
I am having problems with the actual surround sound.

The two lights on the Wireless Box are flashing. Both Red and Blue lights.
I don't seem to be getting sound from these speakers!

Can anyone help out?

Thanks
Daniel

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: c9950w Surround Sound System Not working
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: c9950w Surround Sound System Not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
listen to the speakers

Are you getting No Sound Period? or maybe some of the time. Because these speakers are only there to provide background sound effects and nothing more.... dialog will be heard very rarely.

- Collapse -
Answer
Problem with Surround Sound (c9950w)

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Sound is fine through the front Surround and Centre Speakers, no rears!

When I first got the wireless card(Wasn't in the box when I got the Surround Sound) it worked!
Now the wireless box seems to be flashing(Red and Blue), which it never did.
Since getting the TV and Sound System, I have done a Software Update on the TV, I'm not sure if that is a problem or not, but I've gone through every single setting possible!

Although, I will try your suggestion anyway....

- Collapse -
Surround sound

On page 44 of the owner's manual are instructions to do a Test Tone. This test sends a sound (usually static) through one speaker at a time. If you are getting sound from these speakers when you do a test tone, then there is nothing wrong with your unit.

You should also try to link the wireless unit with the main unit again. Remove the TX card (if there is one), unplug the main unit and the wireless unit and let them stay unplugged for a few minutes. Plug all back in, reinsert the TX card and try to link the unit again.

If you still get no sound or if your wireless unit does not link with the main unit, call Samsung for troubleshooting and/or service.

Good Luck!
TQ

- Collapse -

Thanks again.
I have tried the sound test. No sound out of the back speakers!
I have also tried taking out the wireless card, disconnecting from power and then re-sincing the wireless box, but still no luck.

Might have to call Samsung tomorrow. I'll try the last procedure once more though.

Thanks once more for you help....
Are you in Australia or America? If in Aus, what's the best number to call them on?

Daniel

- Collapse -

Ended up calling Samsung.
We tried the ususal stuff on the phone.
They will be sending me a Firmware update for the AMP.
Will try that and let you guys know what happens.

Daniel

CNET Forums