General discussion

C'mon, Dave

"Did you not have a relationship with Gordon Liddy?" Letterman asked about Watergate burglar G. Gordon Liddy.

McCain said he knew him. Then, after a commercial break, McCain said, "I know Gordon Liddy. He paid his debt, he went to prison ... I'm not in any was embarrassed to know Gordon Liddy."

"You understand the same case could be made of your relationship with him as is being made with William Ayers?" Letterman said.

McCain said he has been completely open about his relationship with Liddy.

Letterman appeared to ridicule McCain about the implication that Obama and Ayers had a relationship.

"Are they double-dating, are they going to dinner, what are they doing?" Letterman asked. "Are they driving across country?"

"Maybe going to Denny's," McCain said.

Letterman said that Obama was 8 when Ayers was 29, and McCain appeared exasperated. "There's millions of words said in a campaign. C'mon, Dave," he said.

What's that mean, when you're campaigning you have to say something, sometimes they are important/true and other times they aren't?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: C'mon, Dave
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: C'mon, Dave
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Did Liddy plant any bombs?

Did he try to kill anyone or advocate overthrowing the US Government?

And remember Obama LIED about his relationship with Ayers.

- Collapse -
He undermined the system of government.

And he is unrepentant about his crimes.

Dan

- Collapse -
He undermined the system of government

He worked for ACORN?

- Collapse -
(NT) lol
- Collapse -
That's bull!
"He undermined the system of government." Can you overreach a little?

I think planting bombs and advocating killing people is a teeeny bit worse. You can't compare the two.

And, Liddy went to jail. He paid his debt to society.
- Collapse -
(NT) Yet he remains unrepentant.
- Collapse -
As does Ayers...

for far far worse crimes. He said he wishes they had dome more.

A nice friend Barack has there.

- Collapse -
It's a good thing Sen. Obama repudiated those actions

categorically.

Dan

- Collapse -
Yeah, sure...

was that before or after he lied about the extent of his relationship with Ayers?

- Collapse -
Let it go Ed,

If they are so desperate to equate Liddy with Ayers, it means the Ayers connection is getting to them.

- Collapse -
Let it go Ed,

I predict before the day is over YOU will be posting something about Ayers

- Collapse -
Why? What has he done now?

And was Barack involved?

Do tell.

- Collapse -
(NT) I'll leave that for you to decide.

CNET Forums