The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

BuzzCast 03/13/07 - Generic podcast 2.0

by Gadget_Gizmo / March 13, 2007 5:33 PM PDT

What the?

Grin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BuzzCast 03/13/07 - Generic podcast 2.0
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BuzzCast 03/13/07 - Generic podcast 2.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bad BOL crew - BAD!
by death2spam / March 13, 2007 10:54 PM PDT

I am just so devastated! Here is my daily podcast ritual ; I start with BOL, adn it better be good, and it better be funny, informative and fast paced...ok, it WASN't informative! suh-NAP! I smell a cop out! I know you agonized on what to do, and you guessed wrong. You know you should have at least had prepared an non-time sensitive interview or two, thrown in some time tested MS and Mac jokes, ond oh I don't know...used yer frikin' imagination!!!! No more mindless and only slighly amusing drivel from the brilliant trio of wit-sters! You can do better and you know it! No excuses! Consider your selves chastised by no one in particular. End of rant.

Collapse -
Well, it was very generic...
by Hiedran / March 14, 2007 1:07 AM PDT

...yet accurate, given the past month or so. Definitely will get dated.

The podcast seemed a little forced, like things just didn't quite go together. I can't really put my finger on what caused it to not gel, though.

I also can't (and don't) expect every single podcast to be satisfying. Some days the chemistry might be off for one reason or another. (This is aimed at those who leave destructive criticism.) But one day off out of 30 ain't bad.

However, I do give T&V props for coming up with a new generic podcast.

Collapse -
Cellphone number portability has arrived in Canada..eh.
by death2spam / March 14, 2007 1:43 AM PDT

I do hope you realize I was just poking fun LOL! I love all their podcasts! I just know they are feeling guilty about having so much fun. I loved the DRM bit, as there never is enough endless ranting about the subject *wink*

Dave in Canada..eh?

and oh ya, I'm sure everyone has heard, and this is the wrong forum/thread, but Canada has finally caught up with the rest of the world as far as Cellphone number portability. and oh oh ya...We live in the sticks here in rural Canada, and we (in the Annapolis valley in Nova Scotia) have enjoyed 108.0 Mbps for a few years at least. Is this not so everywhere?

Collapse -
Sorry
by Hiedran / March 14, 2007 3:54 AM PDT

Sarcasm doesn't port well to text. It's primarily an audio cue for me, though sometimes I can catch textual sarcasm.

It also doesn't help that your post came after that Buzz Report = I QUIT style thread.

Collapse -
Port? ..textual? Oh no! I'm back at work!
by death2spam / March 15, 2007 5:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

Ok you know what? I work at a university, so I find it refreshing when I leave work and don't have to deal with students who try too hard to hone their fledgling craft non stop. Even though you are having a difficult time differentiating between sarcasm and dry humour, you will eventually get it. Perhaps listening to Buzz out loud a tad more frequently might loosen you up? Relaaaaax.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.