General discussion

Buying SIM Cards

Hey guys, if i buy a motorola v330 from ebay, can i buy a tmobile prepaid SIM card from retail stores? Do they sell TMO SIM cards? If so, how much? I think this will be cheaper than buying the whole package.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Buying SIM Cards
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Buying SIM Cards
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sim Cards

What would you do if you were a customer of AT&T, purchased a $100card @ .10 minute on Pay As you Go. Then one year goes by and Cingular now is your carrier. I still had 650 minutes left, but I did know I had to purchase more minutes to keep my minutes. Now my 644 minutes plus three more months are .25 minute. So far I have purchased two 3 month incruments and still have 450 minutes left. As you can see I do not use enough to ever catch up and get out of Dodge. I know I am whining, but I would love to hear some advice, and please not at my expense,don't be mean. I can buy a new phone for $59 and join one of three carriers for .10 minute.Any really good suggestions.

Thanks
Geri

- Collapse -
Anyone?

Can anyone please answer my simple question?

- Collapse -
The simplest method is

to go to T Mobile's website and check their To Go prices.

The phone will only work if it is UNLOCKED, or it was previously used with T Mobile.

- Collapse -
or...

You can look elsewhere, too. Not just T-Mobile's official store.

- Collapse -
what?

What does that have to do with SIM cards?

- Collapse -
try this...
- Collapse -
benzinger

Yeah, see, that's what I was talking about... an independent dealer. Of course, you never know what you'll get from a place like that...

- Collapse -
take some advice

well duh..of course t-mobile has sim cards!!! why dont you just buy the phone from t-mobile?? why do you want to buy the phone from someone else and then buy a sim card from another source??? make things easy on yourself

- Collapse -
tmo doesnt sell it anymore

main reason is that tmobile doesnt sell the v330 anymore so my only hope is from ebay.

- Collapse -
Go For It!

Yes im sure you can get a sim om T-mobile if you buy the phone on ebay.Just make sure that the phone is unlocked or you?ll have to pay extra to get it done!!

CNET Forums