Phones forum

General discussion

Buying Phones

by Eddie0592 / July 29, 2006 2:27 PM PDT

Well I always hear people talking about getting new phones all the time and well I always thought that buying a new phone lets say every 6-12 months would be extremely expensive. Well I myself get bored of my phone pretty fast but never get a new one because of the cost and well I was just wondering a way to get new phones but without paying $500+ I want to try eBay but I just don't trust it with all the talk about people getting ripped off. Have any suggestions??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Buying Phones
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Buying Phones
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
EBay isn't that bad.....
by jgvillan / July 29, 2006 5:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Buying Phones

I got my cell phones off EBay, but just know a few rules. Make sure they are reputable. That they have a customer history with more than 97% positive feedback rating. Also, having a third party payment option, such as PayPal, is a good sign that they are an honest type of person. What kind of options do they have on S&H. Some EBay stored 'make up' their differences from their prices into their S&H. I mean, it's one thing to have shipping cost around $50, but that should be with concurrent with shipping rates that include tracking and insurance, not just up-pricing their shipping for a low cost phone. You know, stuff like that. Like I said, I?ve been purchasing cell phones for my whole family from EBay, so I would say I have a little experience from them. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer to the best I can.

I hope that this helps a little, and good luck.

Collapse -
Ebay is safer than you think..
by r.villarreal3 / August 1, 2006 6:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Buying Phones

Just make sure you use paypal. That way, if the person doesn't send you your item, or if they send it to you and it's broken or something you can file a complaint with paypal and they will suspend the seller's account until you get your money back. However, I do warn against buying from people with bad feedback (and in the world of Ebay that is feedback where the person has less than 99.something percent). Numbers can be deceiving as well, so if the person has less than 100 I usually like to check and read WHY the feedback is bad. If you follow those guidelines you should be ok. Oh yeah, and happy bidding!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!