General discussion

Buying Advice Needed Here!

I have finally given up my CD Player and not sure which item to purchase. I like the idea of the IPOD and is considering the classic but I can't get over the ARCHOS. I am a simple person I want a MP3 which will store the most music not interested in all that other technical stuff. Which one is a smarter purchase and please tell me why. Oh before I forget I am aware that the IPOD is linked to ITUNES for its music for anyone with ARCHOS knowledge where is the music linked to for this item. I have plenty of CD I want to destroy I need a MP3 storage home for them. Please Help!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Buying Advice Needed Here!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Buying Advice Needed Here!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Apples are not the only fruit.

From loitering around MP3 sites I've gained the impression that the favourite brands are Sansa, Creative Zen, Cowon, Sony, (some) Samsungs, Archos -- not in any particular order.

The only ones I see regularly in retailers are Sony and (if I didn't already have a touchscreen LG bought used for peanuts) I'd probably look at those (or Sansa for low price).

Do feel free to avoid iPod -- good players, bad iTunes, horrid company.

- Collapse -
Microsoft Zune Recommended

I recommend Microsoft Zune 3rd gem ( 80 or 120 gig) for you.There is lot of Space to store all your songs.The software its linked to is called "ZUNE" too. But the software is very easy to use even for biginners and helps to organize the files in a better way by giving freedom to edit file properties.Compared to ipod classic, MS Zune is far far better to view the videos too.

- Collapse -
If Size Is What You Want

I'd say to go with something like the iPod classic or Zune. The Zune will be the same price as the ipod and will give you a little better sound quality. It has fewer accessories though, whether that's a consideration or not is up to you.

CNET Forums