Laptops forum

General discussion

buying advice ~16" cad and gameing notebook, what else ;)

Hallo,
I'm looking for a new notebook, it's high time, because my old is broken, is just the question which one?
Mainly I'm doing CAD and image processing but from time to time I want to play some games, with demanding 3d graphics.
Sufficient battery lifetime would be bad too but could be kind of a problem with that hardware config...aonther thing are the dimensions, approx. (H x W x D) 38 x 330 x 274 mm, whereas the width can be much more, since it would still in the inside pocket of my bag pack.
I've got some information about what would be suit my demands.
The first two havethe better graphics but not that much up to date like the LG
ASUS G60VX-JX003C
DevilTech 9000 DTX
LG P510-U.CPCAG Sambuci
furthermore I've found Nexoc, it's like Dell, but it's in German unfortunately, but I can't find any tests but it has blue-ray
Nexoc E709, http://www.alb-computer.de/shop/nexo...or/n12129.html
or does anyone know some similar ones ?

thx

stefan

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: buying advice ~16" cad and gameing notebook, what else ;)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: buying advice ~16" cad and gameing notebook, what else ;)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Keep shopping.

In reply to: buying advice ~16" cad and gameing notebook, what else ;)

There are now thousands of 16 inch laptops out there. My list would be that Intel C2D CPU, an Intel 4500MHD or better display and to wait it out for Windows 7.
Bob

Collapse -
more info please

In reply to: buying advice ~16" cad and gameing notebook, what else ;)

just curious before i post anything specific, but what exact games/software would you be talking about by demanding 3d grphics? does it really have to be exactly a 16 inch laptop? what about a 15.6 inch display? and what price range are you looking for. and just as a quick suggestion without looking extensively at the ones you have posted as choices, here would be a good system to base your search on: intel core 2 duo T6500 or if you can find a cheap model of P series CPU. 3-4gb of ram, 6 cell minimum battery, intel 5400HD integrated chipset or at least a dedicated geforce 130gt, and i think that basis should help alot. if not ask more questions, we will post answers.

Collapse -
new machine

In reply to: more info please

thx, I'll try my best but soon a new machine from deviltech is coming the fragbook DTX, is quiet expensive but it's maybe the right one, have to wait for the test, maybe there are any other machine like this one around...and there is one more thing the Express Gate from ASUS, what appeals to me, but in the web should be something else as that to find...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.