General discussion

Bush Shakes Haitian?s Hand, Wipes His on Clinton

Mar 25, 2010 7:19AM PDT

I could not stop laughing....

After apparently shaking the hand of a Haitian at one of the camps of displaced survivors he and Bill Clinton visited as part of their work for the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund, Bush gave No. 42 a chummy pat on the shoulder that lingered into a swipe on Clinton?s sleeve. Next time, Bush might want to wait a beat or two longer before going for the handy-wipe move.

watch the video:
http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/bush_shakes_haitians_hand_wipes_his_on_clinton_20100324/?ln

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Bush Shakes Haitian?s Hand, Wipes His on Clinton
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Bush Shakes Haitian?s Hand, Wipes His on Clinton
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What a load of Pelosi!
Mar 25, 2010 7:26AM PDT

Who thinks this garbage up?

- Collapse -
"What a load of Pelosi!"
Mar 25, 2010 7:44AM PDT

I can see that catching on !!!

- Collapse -
A thought
Mar 25, 2010 7:47AM PDT

that's all I got..just the one thought, not like some

I wonder when the last time was that you wiped your hand on another persons shirt?

IF you did...Why not your own shirt?

Who thinks this garbage up?

They're comics...they work with what they have, they really missed Bush.

Obama is boring.

- Collapse -
Didn't watch the clip, huh
Mar 25, 2010 7:53AM PDT

What do you suppose Bush was doing then, flirting with him?

- Collapse -
Wrong again!
Mar 25, 2010 7:59AM PDT

It's becoming a habit with you.

I saw it several times this morning on the news. He's clearly NOT wiping his hand, but giving Bubba a comradely pat.

- Collapse -
ROFL!!!
Mar 26, 2010 12:55AM PDT

"A comradely pat" LOL. He wiped his hand on Clinton's sleeve. That is blisteringly obvious to everyone but (apparently) you.

- Collapse -
It's obvious to... those who agree with YOU...
Mar 26, 2010 2:00AM PDT

Many do not.

- Collapse -
I'd say...
Mar 25, 2010 8:01AM PDT

I'd say he was trying to get Clinton's attention, was distracted to something on his right, and then went back to trying to get his attention.

- Collapse -
Either way...
Mar 25, 2010 8:03AM PDT

the idea that he was wiping his hand after shaking hands with a Haitian is absurd (also racist IMO).

- Collapse -
Wait a beat or two longer...
Mar 25, 2010 7:57AM PDT

Speaking of a beat or two, I'd say the that editor slipped up letting that edit go on too long.
It looked to me like Bush was trying to get Clinton's attention, and touched him on the arm. After that, watch Bush's face and what he looked at. To me, it looked like somebody or something on his right caught Bush's attention and be directed his attention to that, dropping his arm. Then, Bush turned his attention back to Clinton and again started his hand in the direction of Clinton's arm.
The editor shouldn't have left in those few end frames of that video, if people notice them it can mess up the propaganda value.

- Collapse -
I think he did wipe his hand on the shirt.
Mar 25, 2010 8:59AM PDT

So what?

- Collapse -
He didn't go to Haiti?
Mar 25, 2010 11:05AM PDT

He didn't shake any hands? He didn't do a wipeoff after each handshake? Why at the beginning of this did Clinton do a wipeoff of his left hand onto Bush? Was it because Clinton did a left handshake?

I tell you what I did see. I see a lot of sweaty people in the hot sun wiping their foreheads at times. Yeah, I'd do the wipe off too, especially if I'd just gotten a sweaty handshake. The comments on the truthdig site are ridiculous at best, disgusting at worst, and deliberately fished for by the administrator of it. Would that be you?

- Collapse -
Yes, that should be viewed as funny, and not
Mar 26, 2010 12:19AM PDT

.......... implied as otherwise.

These men are followed around everywhere they go together, and obviously have become quite friendly and respectful of each other. It stands to reason there would be some amusing videos taken along the way.

And they have done a good job with the fund raising.

Angeline

- Collapse -
(NT) Did you read the comments?
Mar 26, 2010 12:23AM PDT
- Collapse -
(NT) No, I just saw the video.
Mar 26, 2010 12:37AM PDT
- Collapse -
Look at..
Mar 26, 2010 12:37AM PDT

Go to the bottom of the page and click on "About Us". To me, it does hot appear like a humor website, especially when you look at the Bush/Iraq story they mention. The story at hand is by someone identified as KA. The About Us page shows info about their staff. I noticed that the name of their Associate Editor is Kasia Anderson.

CNET Forums

Forum Info