Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Bush Relatives for Kerry

by Josh K / October 25, 2004 6:07 AM PDT
"Because blood is thinner than oil!"

"Bush Relatives for Kerry" grew out of a series of conversations that took place between a group of people that have two things in common: they are all related to George Walker Bush, and they are all voting for John Kerry. As the election approaches, we feel it is our responsibility to speak out about why we are voting for John Kerry, and to do our small part to help America heal from the sickness it has suffered since George Bush was appointed President in 2000. We invite you to read our stories, and please, don't vote for our cousin!

The "about us" link at the bottom of the page goes to a page that explains how they're related to Bush.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bush Relatives for Kerry
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bush Relatives for Kerry
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I will go there!
by netsky / October 25, 2004 6:42 AM PDT

Here is my chance to find out if Laura Bush and I share the same paternal great grandfather.

I only know that she is from texas stock- San Antonio?

And her dad is named Harold Welch

I know fairly surelyt that my grandfather had a brother named Harold Welch. And two sisters, too. The sisters lived in San Antonio. I don't know a -thing- about Harold except for an autographed photograph with his nick-name Hal and penmanship upon it with reference to my granddad being his brother.

Now I can find out why I SHOULD vote for kerry: to cancel out cousin Laura Welch at the least.

Collapse -
They sure are but then...
by Edward ODaniel / October 25, 2004 8:08 AM PDT

they voted for Gore last time and Clinton before that. They are all Democrats and sadly many Republican families have them just as most Democratic families have lots of Republicans.

Admittedly most of Kerry's relatives are favoring him but then they are mostly French citizens (another reason he feels a need for France to "legitimize" US actions).

My own family has been pretty solidly Republican until a few years ago when an uncle was in an accident and lost much of his brain. He has trouble doing anything on his own and like a child feels that he must always get his way and that is he wants anything everyone else must give in to his demands. His wife and my cousins have had a hard time adjusting to a Democrat living under the same roof.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Bush and Kerry ARE relatives!
by C1ay / October 25, 2004 10:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Trolling Josh? You and I are related through Adam and
by Kiddpeat / October 25, 2004 1:51 PM PDT

Eve. Does that mean there should be a headline or web site about my 'relative' being a Democrat? It looks like you guys are more desperate by the day.

Collapse -
Not trolling. You and I are not first cousins.
by Josh K / October 25, 2004 11:01 PM PDT

The people who created this site are W's first cousins, not some distant relatives.

Collapse -
WRONG! I realize accuracy is not important to you...
by Edward ODaniel / October 26, 2004 6:33 AM PDT

but in view of your statement it becomes important to note a couple of things.

While I am unaware of your specific relationship indicated in your title the people on the page do not appear to be "first cousins".

One (Chris House, Olympia, WA) claims to be the son of a "first cousin" and a couple more with the same last name claim to be a "second cousin"

Since the "About us" page states that "All of the people on the site are the grandchildren of Mary Bush and Francis E. House, Jr.", that of necessity means that exactly NONE OF THE PEOPLE on the site are "first cousins" and all are "second cousins".

I wonder how many have ever even met Bush and I am betting NONE!

Collapse -
OK, so they're second cousins
by Josh K / October 26, 2004 6:38 AM PDT

It's still a long cry from KP and me being related if you go back to Adam & Eve, which is the way KP tried to paint it.

Collapse -
You just don't get it do you? How many second
by Kiddpeat / October 26, 2004 7:32 AM PDT

cousins have you ever met? How many of their names do you know? If you are a typical American, the answers are zero and zero. What do you have in common with them? Not much. How much do they know about you? Nothing. How much value does the opinion of these relatives have with respect to your worthiness? None. They are as much of a stranger to George Bush as you are to me even though we are related.

I speak as someone who actually knows and communicates with some second and third cousins.

Collapse -
I like this pattern- drew pearson my first cousin...
by netsky / October 26, 2004 8:27 AM PDT

As this thread steps down figuratively towards the gutter it also makes a neat pattern (at this writing)

Like a slightly nervous wooden stair case, the thread steps lead to a cellar where it will terminate shortly in dusty silence.

(My VERY FIRST literary allusion: "slightly nervous wooden staircase", 1965.)

Mrs. Holman circled my phrase, in the Halloween story each of us created from our imagination, and said "VERY GOOD!" with her magic purple pencil.

Never a red pen from that wise, wonderful teacher.

But i digress. Where do I come from? Why am I a muckraker and ego-force with nineteenth century words and thoughts?

I am only figuring this out now for the first time! See, my paternal grandmother, born 1901, was first cousin to a man named Drew Pearson.

Older readers will recall that name.

Younger readers have surely seen the 1951 sci-fi classic starring Michael Rennie- The Day the Earth Stood Still. Full of schppooky Theremin music (another muse of mine, google me up, reid welch).

And too, there is a screen appearance of my first cousin, twice removed, the redoubtable, cantankerous Drew Pearson playing himself as a newscaster.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USApearsonD.htm

Collapse -
Holy Ghosts- I'm reading this stuff for the first time ever!
by netsky / October 26, 2004 8:34 AM PDT

From the drew pearson link. His parter, Jack Anderson wrote:

The motivation behind most of his (Drew Pearson) crusades was his Quaker pacifism and a conviction that peoples must reach out, over governmental barriers, to aid and communicate with one another lest the horrors of the past be repeated.

Sheesh- is that me, or what. You doubters must think me wholey a liar and manipulator of facts and timelines, but i tell you, there is some sort of mojo behind my madhatterness. I never read about cousin drew before. He was a black sheep to my family- a man who turned his back on his family, entirely, and went his "selfish" way in life.

That much I knew... but now I learn WHAT motivated him was what motivates me. My cousin...is my me.

Collapse -
Just a warning.......
by MarciaB / October 26, 2004 10:52 PM PDT

R. Welch,

The last time someone said similar to this:
"...google me up, reid welch)."
there were some nasty repercussions.

Be careful what you provide on public forums if you wish to have a private life.

Collapse -
So?
by Evie / October 26, 2004 9:02 AM PDT

I'm not even sure if I know most of my first cousins well enough to support or oppose them on the basis of relation, let alone second cousins. I have met the grandchildren of my grandmother's sister. Last I saw them I was maybe 8 years old. Seems like some Democrats trying to capitalize on a tenuous link for their 15 minutes.

Evie Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.