Audio & Video Software forum

Question

Burnt CDs skip have many files skipping

by pintree3 / April 17, 2014 3:33 PM PDT

I used ImgBurn to burn some MP3s to a CD. Once burned most skip, with blank bits of silence (they sound perfect on the PC players). Even though the burner was tested to check everything and was used at half its speed. I then, just for testing purposes took those same MP3s and put them through Audacity, did a checksum thing, deleted the first few and last few 'empty' seconds from the MP3 files, added 2 seconds of silence and then converted them to wav--all this to test and see if the skipping would still happened and it did. So is problem the actual CDs, is it my CD/DVD Burner ( a brand new one and well rated by Asus) Or is it the files themselves? and if the files how can one test such files (and fix them) in order to avoid wasting CDs? thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burnt CDs skip have many files skipping
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burnt CDs skip have many files skipping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Update
by pintree3 / April 18, 2014 1:21 AM PDT

Update to the above: a total of 5 CDs were burned making me think that the burned media may not the fault. Also, besides using ImgBurn I also decided to try with MediaMonkey. The results being while ImgBurn did manage to burn all music files with most skipping MM produced a multitude of errors however resulting in 6 of the 17 tracks not burnable at all (6 seconds each of dead silence). Those tracks that did make it through, however, were good overall. This would make me believe that -a- the burning software plays a part -b- that maybe the files themselves are OK leaving out my burning hardware. Anyhow, any advice would be appreciated.
Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST i

Collapse -
OK, are these AudioCDs or MP3 CDs?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2014 1:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Update

If they are AudioCD make one more but record at 2X speed. This is noted in the CDR FAQ and I know ImgBurn does have this speed control.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!