Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Burning Video Sonic MyDVD

by lorryfran / June 7, 2007 12:12 AM PDT

I am trying to burn a video DVD for a friend who recently went to Bali. The sound didn't come out on his video so I am trying to add music to it.
I have made the video through Movie Maker 2 and saved it following the instructions from the Microsoft site to My Computer to the Pal DVD format. I transferd the file to Sonic MyDVD and it goes through the process of:
1. Transcoding Video
2. Importing Video
3. Transcoding Audio
4. Planning Audio Movie
5. Ordering files for Movie
6...I didn't get that one as it was too quick
7. Preparing data
8. Setting writing mode (I think)
9. Writing Files.....then it just stays there. I waited almost 6 hours and still nothing happened?

Can you please help me in fixing this problem?
I used MyDVD to just add the video's to VCD and it was ok, all I want to do is add the music.
I am adding MP3 music could this be the problem?

Please advise, I am at wits end!!!
I have XP Home Edition SP 2
And plenty of room.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burning Video Sonic MyDVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burning Video Sonic MyDVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nod to Sony Vegas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 7, 2007 1:48 AM PDT

Time and time again I go back to Sony Vegas for video work. I also have good results with Ulead.com offerings.

The "Movie Maker" never worked for me so I can't write much there. The MyDVD versions I have are now ancient so what I know there is dated. So the current tools I like are in my first paragraph.

Bob

Collapse -
by lorryfran / June 7, 2007 7:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Nod to Sony Vegas.

Thank you for a quick response mf.
I have a Ulead Disc (CD & DVD PictureShow 4) which I completely forgot about. I will give it a try and see if that works.
Many thanks.ֿ

Collapse -
by lorryfran / June 7, 2007 5:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Nod to Sony Vegas.

Thanks for the infor Bob, but Ulead CD & DVD PictureShow 4 doesn't appear to do Videos only photos.
I have been able to make a VCD with the video movies but cannot put any music to them. I also tried doing it in Nero but that didn't work either. The other program you suggested is a bit expensive and my pocket doesn't go that deep I'm afraid.lol.
I received another problem today from another friend and she has asked me to put her Videos (not photos) to a VCD but when I uploaded them on my computer they are black but sound is there. I checked her camera (Fuji) and the videos are definitley there but as I said there is no picture only sound. I'm not having much luck with these other people's cameras as of late. Can you give me any other suggestions on both problems?? I think they should buy Canon cameras and Videos as I have never had any problems with them.lol. Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Lorraine

Collapse -
Try one of the demos from Ulead.com
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 7, 2007 9:58 PM PDT

They have 2 items of interest. DVD MovieFactory and their video editing program. The demo's are "live" so you can see if you like them before purchase.

Bob

Collapse -
by lorryfran / June 7, 2007 10:28 PM PDT

Thanks Bob, I will try one and see how it goes. Were you able to work out my second problem re: blank video on my friends camera when I upload it and showing ok on the camera?
I will let you know how I go with the Ulead.com
Many thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
Lorraine

Collapse -
Sorry, I don't have a current version of Sonic to try.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 7, 2007 10:32 PM PDT

Mine are now 4 years old. I'm sharing what I use today.

Bob

Collapse -
Sonic DVD
by lorryfran / June 7, 2007 10:52 PM PDT

My Sonic is 3 years old which is what I can gather on the "About" so they haven't done much since, have they? lol. This computer is only 12 months old so you would have thought HP would have updated Sonic to the newer version but I suppose that won't happen because they want you to buy it. But I really appreciate all the help you have given me Bob and at the moment I am trying to look into the leads on Ulead you have given me but it appears their site is down at the moment so I will try again in the morning and let you know.
It is almost 11pm here in Australia so you have a FANTASTIC day and thank you muchly!!
Kind regards,
Lorraine from Oz

Collapse -
Sonic
by lorryfran / June 7, 2007 11:32 PM PDT

That's ok Bob. I will just keep trying and see how I go.
My friend is happy with the VCD of his videos (even though I can't add music to them) and that's the main thing.
I still need to work out why the other friend's video appears black on my puter(with sound) and is showing the video on her camera Hmmmmm!!!
Hey!!! But many thanks for all your suggestions, if I can't do it then I can't do it, that's what I say (even though I'm like a bulldog once I get my teeth into it) but I will give it my best effort.
Thank you heaps and kangaroo jumps for your help and I will keep trying regardless lol.
May you and your family have a wonderful day.
Kind regards,
Lorraine

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.