Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Burning an MP3 disc...

by mmorasch / February 7, 2004 10:41 PM PST

I have been using Nero for several years but have never figured one thing out. I want to burn an mp3 disc as data so I can fit hours of music on on cd. I know how to do this using Nero 6 but what I can't figure out is how to shuffle the playlist. I've tried to create a playlist in Winamp and then import that into the mp3 disc. When it loads in Nero, the playlist is resorted to be in alphabetical order.

Is there a way in Nero to change the playlist order?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burning an MP3 disc...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burning an MP3 disc...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Burning an MP3 disc...
by Art / February 8, 2004 12:34 AM PST
In reply to: Burning an MP3 disc...

Have you try rename by adding numerical number in front (1001..1002 or 101..102) of song title? Give that a try.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Burning an MP3 disc...
by mmorasch / February 8, 2004 1:45 AM PST

All the mp3s are sorted by album and named 'track# - song name'. I don't want to rename files everytime i want to make a mix cd. I just want something that will let me burn a playlist with a random order

Collapse -
by Oil_Tan / February 11, 2004 9:31 AM PST

I am guessing an mp3 data disc can NOT be played by a table top (stand alone) cd player, dvd what have you. Well MY win media player does have shuffle mode...

Collapse -
by Stan Chambers / February 17, 2004 1:56 PM PST

I have used this method successfully when burning wav files. I haven't tried it with MP3's, but you can give it a try. Make your playlist with Winamp, save to file, then (in Nero) drag and drop the playlist (not the titles) into Nero, then see what happens. Seems that it should work the same with MP3's, but no guarantees.

Collapse -
by Stan Chambers / March 12, 2004 1:53 PM PST

In Nero, you can click on the title and drag and drop the title to any other position in the list.

Collapse -
by medezigns / March 16, 2004 10:34 PM PST

You don't have to make a data disk to burn mp3's. I use the software,"Record Now" (HP) and select burn music cd, then select burn mp3 cd. I did this for the first time a week ago and put 198 songs a 700mb disc. Awesome.

Collapse -
by lovedoctx / April 25, 2004 6:22 AM PDT

I know what you are talking about. The problem is, it doesn't matter what order you put it on the disk, it's the device that reads it that will put it in order. I have a portable MP3/CD player and it puts it in order. Also my DVD Player will put it in order. So I don't think there is any help on this.(That I know of)

Collapse -
burning a mp3 with nero
by clorbach / February 10, 2005 1:36 PM PST

I am using nero v5 and I'm trying to figure out how to burn a mp3. I have like 75 songs I'm trying to put on cd-r and I don't know how to do it. Does any body know how to do this

Collapse -
It consist of 3 steps.
by Art / February 10, 2005 5:55 PM PST

1. Ripping the cd (copy the songs to the harddrive).

2. Convert the songs on the harddrive from(.wav file) to mp3.

3. Burn the mp3 as data file and not as music file.

http://www.mthreedev.com/
You need software to do the above; so get some software at m3 and try it out. Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

The most beautiful phone ever has one wildly annoying issue

The Samsung Galaxy S8's fast speeds and fantastic curved screen make it a top phone for 2017, but the annoying fingerprint reader could sour your experience.