General discussion

Burning a DVD using Windows 7

If I select a file or group of files, right click and select send to DVD Rewrite Drive then files will be written to that drive after I have selected the format type required.

I often get "balloons" that pop up briefly telling me I have files selected for burning. Where are these selected files stored? I cannot find the location. I would like to ensure that there are no files hanging around from a previous DVD.

Secondly if I select more files than can be stored on a single DVD will the files not stored on the first DVD be stored on a second DVD or must I start the selection again? Where can I find some useful help pages?

I have tried using Windows help but I find it basically useless as it never gives me an answer I want, only dozens of other answers which to me are useless.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Burning a DVD using Windows 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Burning a DVD using Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just sharing.

I don't use the Windows 7 native recorder. I installed 2 titles so far to do what I need. The titles are easy to find and more. Let me share those here.

CDBURNERXP
IMGBURN

For Video DVD creation I also installed DVD FLICK.

Bob

- Collapse -
Check win7 help guide

Windoze native burner when the next balloon pops-up and you've selected all files, then click on balloon to enter the burn segment.
-OR- click on windoze explorer to find them, waiting. Otherwise, the pgms. Robert offered are even better IMHO than the windoze native burner. The native burner will always be available should you decide to use it, anyways. If you like more info, then select in the pgms. pop-up window, the "Help and Support" button and navigate to the CD/DVD burning help section.

Beware, don't "finalize" a CD/DVD in order to return to its use should future files need to placed on it. Don't confuse ending session with finalize, because finalize ends future file burning to that disc unless if R/W type, needs reformatting, etc..

tada -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Sending files to a DVD Burner

The problem I have is that the balloon pops up very briefly and oftewn disappears before I can click on it.

Hoe can I find the files stored for burning when the balloon is not there?

- Collapse -
Maybe

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Burn

- Collapse -
Surprise

I pleasantly surprised by the speed of replies I have received to my posts.

I would like to thank you all for being so helpful.

- Collapse -
Await DVD mount

If you want to slow the process, don't mount DVD into tray. The balloon should remain longer, then click on the action required or continue the process. Click on the burn button to continue if all files are present. I exclude any glitches if present, but that should work. Once you get the hang of it, it'll be 2nd nature, so play with it. -----Willy Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info