PC Applications forum

General discussion

Burn Video Clips to a CD

by marshur / October 16, 2004 1:28 AM PDT

I have a Ulead Video Studio SE installation disc to install on my laptop, but before I do that I need to know if it will do what I am wanting. I want to burn video clips I captured from my camera, then downloaded to my computer, onto a CD. Will VS se work? I do not care about editing, just burning, so that it can be viewed on my TV DVD player. Or, what will. I downloaded the trial version of "Power Director3, and it will not burn.

I tried to install the VS SE CD on my Laptop, but it will not do anything when I put it into my cd drive. It may just me for Windows ME, I now have Windows XP. Any help?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burn Video Clips to a CD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burn Video Clips to a CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Burn Video Clips to a CD
by glb613 / October 16, 2004 2:48 AM PDT

What CD burning software do you use?

Collapse -
by marshur / October 16, 2004 2:58 AM PDT

well, I tried to use Power Director 3, trial version, but it would not work.

Collapse -
by glb613 / October 16, 2004 3:26 AM PDT

Your CD burner or CD-RW should have come with a software program. Most of the time if your computer has the burner factory installed, the software is also factory installed. Nero and Roxio as two examples. The reason I ask, I have Roxio EZ CD Creator 6.0 and it has a video CD burning function included. Check your programs and see what you have installed.

Collapse -
by marshur / October 16, 2004 3:31 AM PDT

I just have EZ CD creater Basic, I would have to pay for an update to get the video burning function. (69.00) I don't want to pay that much.

Collapse -
by glb613 / October 16, 2004 4:15 AM PDT

Good luck finding something cheaper. Most full funtioning CD burning programs are expensive.

Collapse -
by marshur / October 16, 2004 6:56 AM PDT

I am trying to burn to a DVD-RW disc, is this the problem? I also tried to use a CD-RW, and it did not work. Is there a certain kind of disc it needs to be?

Collapse -
by glb613 / October 16, 2004 7:09 AM PDT

You need a DVD burner for starters. You also need a DVD burning program. Most computers that come with a DVD burner also have software installed. If you buy a DVD burner, whether internal or external, it should come with its own software program.

Some CD burning software allows you to create a video CD. The quality isn't as good but, it does allow you to put video on a CD instead of a DVD.

Collapse -
by marshur / October 16, 2004 7:32 AM PDT

I have a DVD/CD-ROM drive....Matshita CDRW/DVD UJDA740

I Downloaded the trial version of Ulead DVD Movie Factory, I tought I could use that to burn video clips on a cd to be viewed on my dvd player.

Collapse -
by glb613 / October 16, 2004 7:43 AM PDT

Did it work?

Collapse -
by marshur / October 16, 2004 7:46 AM PDT

NO

Collapse -
by glb613 / October 16, 2004 9:23 AM PDT

I wish I had more information or a solution to your problem. Chances are, you will need to purchase a program to perform that task.

Collapse -
I have a Ulead Video Studio SE installation disc to install
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 16, 2004 9:25 AM PDT

Have you tried this software? I have such at version 7 and it makes VCD, SVCD and DVDs.

My skills are not that great, but my creations do play.

Bob

Collapse -
by marshur / October 20, 2004 5:44 AM PDT

I finally found a program that would burn my video's and play it on my tv dvd player,
it is here http://www.picturetotv.com/download.htm It is MovesOnTV

It has a free trail, and if you like it you can buy it for 39.00

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.