PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Burn movies from vcr to dvd

by bdugan / November 5, 2005 9:59 AM PST

I would like to copy movies from vcr to comp then burn on dvd.I have no idea what to get for transfer from vcr to comp.But i do have first class dvd recorder.Is there a no brainer way to do this.
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Burn movies from vcr to dvd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Burn movies from vcr to dvd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) hello...there is something called "Google"
by nerdyboy1234 / November 6, 2005 1:40 AM PST
Collapse -
an option
by linkit / November 6, 2005 4:52 PM PST
Collapse -
exactly
by francisr / November 7, 2005 2:49 AM PST

as linkit said, get a pinacle, i've got studio 9 with a dv 10 or a name like this.
it handles rca and svideo in and out, and also has firewire, it might cost arround 200 bucks depending where u buy it.

Collapse -
VHS to DVD
by marinetbryant / November 7, 2005 7:14 AM PST
In reply to: exactly

I bought a Panasonic VHS, DVD player recorder that records to/from VHS, DVD, TV, camcorder from Crutchfield's for about $300. It also plays VHS and DVD.

Collapse -
VCR tapes to External DVD burner
by geno52 / November 24, 2005 7:39 AM PST

What do I need to burn my old dvd tapes to dvd ???
I have a new Dell computer only... I would have to get the rest, the dvd burner would have to be external.
I was reading about the Pinnacle-Dazzle. & the price
doesnt seem that bad.
Any ideas out there. ????????????????

Collapse -
vhs to dvd
by Ross Hunter / October 16, 2006 1:29 PM PDT

Hi,

I have a computer that's 5 yrs old - Pentium III, 1000GHz.

I recently started the CNET course on converting vhs to dvd. I didn't complete it as I first had to buy and install a DVD writer, then upgrade from Win 2000 to XP.

I looked at BestBuy, but they didn't have the Studio Moviebox Deluxe Version 9.
No-one else in town seemed to have anything like it.

Then I went to Future Shop and they had the Pinnacle-Dazzle, so I bought it(CA$100).
I installed and tested it.
The reocording pauses briefly then jumps - it doesn't work consistenty.

Thinking of returning it.

Ross

Collapse -
Burn VHS tapes to DVD thru PC
by geneshaneyfelt / December 11, 2007 8:59 AM PST

My computer has windows vista premium operating system with 133GB free space. I want to convert my old VHS home movies to DVD. I have my VHR. Also a DVD recorder on my computer I know that I need an external video capture device to plug into my computer via USB. My concern is as there are several on the market,each claiming to be the best! I want CNETS opinion on these devices and are they worth the investment

Collapse -
You will get differing opinions
by anmor / December 12, 2007 7:57 AM PST

based on personal experience. Decide how much you want to spend and what software you want to use. Pinnacle is very popular and comes with it's own very good software but there are others that work as well.
Also you could get one with a digital tuner as well, giving you abilty to record TV as well.
I use a Compro TV capture card and I'm happy with it, Avermedia and Hauppauge also very popular.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.