Computer Help forum

General discussion

buffer overrun

by wintersow / December 3, 2003 11:50 AM PST

HELLO
I NEED TO reinstall the buffer overrun coventer files
But I am not having any success.What do I need to do?
this is file number updq823559. my os window 98

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: buffer overrun
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: buffer overrun
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:buffer overrun
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 3, 2003 12:18 PM PST
In reply to: buffer overrun

Wintersow,

AFter checking at "THIS LINK", it appears like you'll need to use the Windows Update "Catalog" to download the file to your desktop. (The Windows 98 link takes you to Windows Update) Here's how:

1. Go to the Windows Update web site. (While in Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" in the upper left, choose "Windows Update".)
2. Once there, In the left pane, under "Other Options", select ?Personalize Windows Update?.
3. Under ?Set Options for Windows Update?, select the checkbox for ?Display the Link to Windows Update Catalog under ?See Also??, then click ?Save Settings?.
4. Go back to the Windows Update web site.
5. In the left pane, under ?See Also?, select ?Windows Update Catalog?.
6. Select ?Find Updates for Microsoft Operating Systems?.
7. Select the operating system and language of your choice, then click on the "Search" button.
8. Select ?Critical Updates and Service Packs?.
9. Select all of the patches you?d like to download, then click on ?Go to download basket? to download them.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
buffer overrun
by hjg60 / March 23, 2007 10:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:buffer overrun

hello,i have a window xp proff.real no copy.I have the message :window detect a buffer overrun witch corrupt the files and has to close.I cant read my mail and send mail.My qestion is:what is a buffer overrun and why i have one on my system.How can i get this out of my computer.thanks

Collapse -
Check this link out.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 23, 2007 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: buffer overrun
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

CNET ON CARS

Want to see the future of car technology?

Brian Cooley found it for you at CES 2017 in Las Vegas and the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.