AFter checking at "THIS LINK", it appears like you'll need to use the Windows Update "Catalog" to download the file to your desktop. (The Windows 98 link takes you to Windows Update) Here's how:
1. Go to the Windows Update web site. (While in Internet Explorer, click on "Tools" in the upper left, choose "Windows Update".)
2. Once there, In the left pane, under "Other Options", select ?Personalize Windows Update?.
3. Under ?Set Options for Windows Update?, select the checkbox for ?Display the Link to Windows Update Catalog under ?See Also??, then click ?Save Settings?.
4. Go back to the Windows Update web site.
5. In the left pane, under ?See Also?, select ?Windows Update Catalog?.
6. Select ?Find Updates for Microsoft Operating Systems?.
7. Select the operating system and language of your choice, then click on the "Search" button.
8. Select ?Critical Updates and Service Packs?.
9. Select all of the patches you?d like to download, then click on ?Go to download basket? to download them.
Hope this helps.
I NEED TO reinstall the buffer overrun coventer files
But I am not having any success.What do I need to do?
this is file number updq823559. my os window 98