Mobo....you can't overclock that cpu so bin the z model and shop for a B150.
Ram...what you want is ddr4 2x8GB @ 2133.
Cooler....the cpu is a 50w unit test with the stock cooler.
You can add a cooler latter if the stock cooler can't handle it.
Ssd....a stock 2.5" should be fine.
This will be my first build. So, I had some questions. Anyways, these are the components I have chosen for the build:-
Core i3 6100
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz
120GB SATA III SSD (PNY, Kingston or ADATA)
2TB Toshiba 7200 RPM SATA III HDD
Corsair VS550W SMPS
Antec V1 / Cooler Master Elite 311
Now, if you're looking for the GPU in the build (duh, it's a gaming build), I don't have one right now, but will add in the future since I'll be outta cash.
Anyways, these are the questions I have:-
1. I checked Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5's page and saw that among the supported Memory list, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz wasn't there, but the list had the same config Crucial RAM. Is there gonna be any compatibility issues if I use Vengeance.
2. I am gonna be using the SSD minimally for booting the OS and running few programs like Chrome, Photoshop, etc and won't be doing any heavy file transfers on it. So, should I even consider an Nvme SSD or stick with SATA SSD given I need only fast boot times and program run times. And, Gigabyte also has a supported SSDs list on their site. Does that matter?
3. Is a 550W SMPS adequate for this build? I already tried running PSU Calculator and I added two GPUs (SLI) to the calculator and the output was 474W.
4. Which one would be better - Antec V1 or Cooler Master Elite 311 given I will be adding a Cooler preferrably, Cooler Master 212X to the build later.
5. If you guys have suggestions, like a replacement, please let me know.