Tip

Budget Camcorder for Portable Game Console Recording

Hi, it's good to meet you all. I would like to seek advice on the subject matter. I hope I have not been barking up the wrong tree.

As the subject title suggests, I do recordings on portable game consoles like the Nintendo 3DS & uploading them on YouTube. This kind of recording method requires me to be in low light settings (to avoid reflection), as well as low zoom requirements (recording close to the screen).

For that purpose, I have been using the Panasonic HDC SD80 for recording. Although I can't control certain settings like exposure, there's still some settings I can tweak, like the focus & the white balance.

However, over time, I notice a problem with my recordings. At 1080p (the default recording method for my camcorder), the image of always appear blurry. Even when I set the manual focus based on the auto focus on my calibration screens, the image will always appear blurred & grainy. I don't really know how to describe it further, so showing it would be a better option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w9zXPveaIc#t=89s

So, I have been looking around for a better option based on the budget I originally had for my Panasonic HDC SD80 (roughly $200-400). I am hoping that with the new camcorder, I will be able to record sharper HD videos (720p or 1080p is fine), as well as being able to control the settings like focus, white balance, exposure etc. manually. Yeah, the budget may not be enough to find one that is suitable for my needs, but I'm hoping that this investment, even as a small and tight budget, would be worth it.

I have scoured the internet's review sites but I have not been successful in finding the suitable camcorder. A friend of mine suggested a JVC Everio HD brand, but the price is on the high side or way over my budget.

Much appreciated on the advice that is given.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Budget Camcorder for Portable Game Console Recording
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Budget Camcorder for Portable Game Console Recording
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums