Computer Help forum

Question

BSOD occurs after I go into my account

by ValreeBaenett / December 20, 2013 3:11 AM PST

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. There was no problem few months ago, but nearly 4 or 5 months ago I started to take BSODs. I'm using this PC as a home theater, like a bluray, dvd player. So I didn't downloaded any harmful or erring program or software (I believe so..) except media players and codecs. I also changed its RAM with my daily use PC's, but it ended up with BSOD again. I also tried to restore system to another day (to June - 6 moths earlier and I'm sure in June it was working fine) I believe it's driver error because it does not occur in safe mode. Ah and I need to add this: nothing happens if you won't enter your account, no crash, no BSOD.

There are two types of error indicated in BSOD; Stop: 0x1E and APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Stop: 0x1. I don't know what trigger which one, but I don't get both of them in safe mode(also in safe mode with network)

I had no sound in safe mode, so I thought it might be sound card driver problem and disabled it. After disabling and rebooting PC normally, I got BAD_POOL_CALLER Stop 0xc2 instead. I think it is not the graphic card's driver because it is on-board.

I don't know what to do right now. I have no clue, nothing left in my hand

Pictures od BSODs:

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/4364/cylo.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/7024/m3gc.jpg

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BSOD occurs after I go into my account
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BSOD occurs after I go into my account
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Over the last month
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2013 3:20 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Bad_POOL_CALLER
by pgc3 / December 21, 2013 12:20 AM PST

This is often caused by a driver, either corrupted or needing an update, which means it is probably relative to a piece of hardware being used either internally or externally. Try updating drivers for items being used and you might try unplugging (if you use any) external peripheral devices, external drives etc. You mentioned you didn't think it was graphics related because the system uses on board graphics, that's the FIRST thing I'd look at.

Collapse -
Let me add
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 21, 2013 1:13 AM PST
In reply to: Bad_POOL_CALLER

That when you see a symphony of errors I find it's often heat or failing part related and after that, trojans and malware.

It's a shame the words in red were not heeded here as the machine details could have me narrowing it down.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Solved
by ValreeBaenett / December 21, 2013 6:04 AM PST

Thank you guys. I found the problem. Eset Smart Security had been causing the BSODs. I uninstalled it and now my PC is working fine. I guess one of its drivers was broken.

Thank you anyway, I'm really happy right now Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!