Question

bsod

Macrium rescue disc created the bsod. I inserted the diic which was an update and the pc kept boooting with the blue scrrn. icould only read dmp files but it dropped off too quickly.
I finally stopped it by inserting another disc and it seems to run ok now.. Any harm done?
Thank you

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: bsod
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: bsod
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
bsod

I had posted that when I inserted a disc to create an updated Macrium rescue disc, the pc kept booting with the bsod and the only words I could see were -dump files.
I opened my email address and a message from Cnet said there was activity and to click on the hyperlink. I did so as I do in any forum but there was nothing to report.
My first query was -was any harm done?
The second query is -why did I get a notification if there was no reply or anything?
Thank you

- Collapse -
why did I get a notification if there was no reply or anythi

If I Track a discussion the forum sends me an email when I posted that one reply. So that's one cause.

If there is spam put to your post, a mod may clean it off before you see it but you still get the email.
Bob

- Collapse -
forum use

I am trying to adjust to this forum and will keep reading the rules so I can abide by them.
I look forward to adjusting soon so I can benefit from others expertise.
Thank you, Bob, for giving voice to this thread. It is reassuring.
Peter

CNET Forums