"the browser stopped browsing". Any error message? What symptoms? Repeatable? Always on the same page?
Please also answer the following questions:
- Does e-mail still work?
- It stops browsing, does it also stop downloading?
- Can you still ping the homepage of your provider? Go into a MS-DOS window and type ping www.myisp.com or whatever their homepage is.
- How are you connected to your ISP (dial-up, cable, dsl, satellite)?
- If you start a second copy of IE, does that work? For how long?
- Do you use any pop-up stopper or adblocker?
Then install Mozilla Firebird, to be downloaded from www.mozilla.org. If you can't download it on your own PC (it's about 7 Mb), see if you can do it a friend's where you can the zip-file on a cd. And answer this all important question:
- Does Firebird also stop after 2 minutes?
Sorry for asking all these questions, but it really helps us getting a view of the problem.
i have aproblem with browsing internet in win xp pro. when i loged to the internet the browser run normaly and after aperiod (about 2 min.) the browser stopped browsing the internet,although iam connecting to the internet. .iam using i/e. thanks