LG forum

Question

Browser question LN 575 V

by Iamdaz / January 1, 2014 4:55 AM PST

Hi,
I'm thinking of buying this tv,the LG 42 LN575V.
Can anyone tell me if the browserhas full acces to the web and if it supports flash ?
Cheers

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Browser question LN 575 V
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Browser question LN 575 V
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: browser
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 1, 2014 5:07 AM PST

Full access to the web, that's a lot. Most tv's don't come with an ftp program or a pop3-mail client, of even basic internet utilities like ping and tracert. And if you use them in China possibly part of the Internet is blocked by the Chinese government.
Even java applets, Silverlight and Adobe Air and iPAd apps (all of which are fed from the net) are very doubtful.

And what did the sales person in the shop say when you asked him to demo a flash game on it from your favorite flash game site? Never believe what they tell you about compatibility unless you see it with your own eyes.

Kees

Collapse -
browser
by Iamdaz / January 2, 2014 3:07 AM PST
In reply to: Re: browser

When I say full access I mean will I be able to load the same websites I can from a pc.

The tv in question is out of stock now anyway but I got the sales assistant to load the browser on another LG tv and one of the websites I use loaded no problem....although it then asked for a plug in to go any further. and he wouldn't do that.

Must say the response time to load the on screen keyboard was ridiculously slow,about 10 seconds !

Collapse -
Dead on arrival.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2014 3:10 AM PST
In reply to: browser

Hulu.com and many other sites don't work for many reasons. It's not they can't but the site does not cater or want TV browsers.
Bob

Collapse -
Hulu
by Iamdaz / January 3, 2014 7:08 PM PST
In reply to: Dead on arrival.

Isn't that because sites like Hulu only work in certain regions due to copyright issues ?

Collapse -
(NT) No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2014 1:32 AM PST
In reply to: Hulu
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.