General discussion

Browser Problem

I have windows vista home edition. I use 3 browsers on my computer, Firefox, Chrome and Internet explorer 8. My problem; every website that I go to appears to work just fine all except one, but when I go to the same website on someone elses computer it appears in the browser ok.
So I've ruled out the fact that its the website the website. Which leaves me to believe that the problem is my computer. When I go to www.oursamebirthdays.com it appears to be fine, until I log into my account. The google ads and top bar menu is out of wack, I dont think there in the right place. Now there might be more website out there like this but I havent found them and I am so fond of this one I want to fix the problem. Can anyone help me fix

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Browser Problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Browser Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Out of whack.

Difficult to diagnose 'Out of whack' problems, especially so when the site requires a log-in.

Can you supply a screen print? Two would be better. One from your computer's browser and one from a computer where the site looks proper.

We can' post images in these forums, so we upload them to Flickr, ImageShack or whatever our favorite host is, then post the url web address to the "Full Sized" images here.

Mark

- Collapse -
Here is a copy of my url
- Collapse -
The reason he asked for screen shots is ...

to see what YOUR problem is (what things look like from YOUR COMPUTER). Additionally the site requires that one "join" and most of us are not interested in "joining" just to assist with a problem that is unclear to us.

If you do not want to post the screen shots you might consider checking your firewall settings to see if you might have blocked content and you might want to check that you have all necessary helper objects such as possibly Flash and scripting.

- Collapse -
Re-browser problems

I would suggest you use Firefox and not Firefox Chrome as I had that problem and got it fixed by using Firefox also Google,google can be launch from any browser such as IE8.Your browser could be hijack by some sites you are trying to load,run your antivirus program as this will help also you can download Lavasoft ad-Aware,this program solves most problems on your computer.go to Lavasoft.com and download the basic.
hope this work for you.

- Collapse -
Out of whack....

Some web sites are designed or "Optimized" for a certain browser and version, and for a certain screen resolution. This information is usually displayed at the "home page" at the bottom... Is there any such informatin when you have logged in ? BTW, if you cannot get a screen shot,perhaps you can desceibe how the display is out of order ?

CNET Forums

Forum Info