General discussion

Broswer closes when I click on Favorites

Recently, whenever I open internet explorer and click on my favorites, the click closes my browser rather than listing my link.

I have run adware, spybot, cwshredder and a virus scan. The scanner did not find any viruses.

Any ideas why clicking on my favorites links would close my browser?

Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Broswer closes when I click on Favorites
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Broswer closes when I click on Favorites
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not knowing. . .

anything about your PC ('cause you didn't tell us), have you tried to repair IE? Or run sfc? Or System Restore?

- Collapse -
"Corruption"

1. Please note that just above the text editor (where you enter a question on the forum) is the following paragraph, and if certain information is not present in your question, our reply may not be very helpful:

Tip: If you are asking for help to troubleshoot a computer-related problem, please be sure to include all the necessary information (ie: operating system, model number, hardware, software, etc) that will help others identify your problem for a speedy resolution.

Note: You have the option of using the hyperlink "Edit My Profile" on the right side of the main page to fill in applicable system information so that it is available.

2. A suggestion to consider, should anomalies happen when using the Autocomplete functions, is whether corruption exists in any of the foregoing areas where the steps suggested in #6 of [Q276393] may be required before Autocomplete operates as expected. In addition, since it is possible a user profile itself may be corrupted, create a new user profile to see if Autocomplete then functions correctly.

CNET Forums

Forum Info