General discussion

Broken LCD Screen

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5956 Laptop and I recently turned it on and my screen was messed up. The top portion of the screen is normal and you can still see normal display but the bottom half contains a lot of horizontal hazy lines. In the middle of the screen there are colored vertical lines with a big black portion to the right of it. Does any one know if this means my LCD screen is ruined or could it be another problem? Also, can anyone tell me how to replace the LCD Screen? Please and thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Broken LCD Screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Broken LCD Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The test I use.

When I see this I hook up and enable (sorry but all machines differ a little so I won't detail all the steps) an EXTERNAL DISPLAY to test if the LCD is the issue or the main system

You wrote broken LCD so did you mean physically broken?
Bob

- Collapse -

I plugged my laptop up to my TV and it displays perfectly so im guessing its not the main system And no not physically broken, the screen is still intact. (sorry for not specifying)

Robert

- Collapse -
Next test.

Try WINDOWS SAFE MODE. I can't tell which Windows version is installed but you can find out how to use SAFE MODE on google if you forgot how.
Bob

- Collapse -
Safe Mode

Will the Safe Mode identify if the probelm is a main system problem? what should I be looking for when I use safe mode?

- Collapse -
Sorry.

But I've unsubscribed. The safe mode test is the final test. If it is still failing it's time for the repair counter.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info