Laptops forum

General discussion

broken fujitsu key

by noogooyen / August 22, 2006 9:15 PM PDT

my fujitsu lifebook n3511 "W" key on the keyboard broke. Well, not the actual key 'plate' that you press, but the little joint that pushes it back up after being pressed. It's just that key and only that key. I was told by a store that the only way to replace it is by buyin the entire keyboard replacement set which could cost me up to $100 dollars or even more. Is there another place or website i can find these key 'joints' at? And does anybody know what they are called? Any help is appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: broken fujitsu key
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: broken fujitsu key
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 22, 2006 11:23 PM PDT
In reply to: broken fujitsu key

You sometimes find laptop parts out there for many reasons such as someone dropped their laptop and are parting it out.


Collapse -
specific name?
by noogooyen / August 23, 2006 1:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Ebay?

i've given it a try, but I can't find still can't find the parts i need. i might be using the wrong wording. any idea what the part is called?

Collapse -
You'll want to search for a "keyboard"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2006 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: specific name?

Other words will be "laptop" and the name of the make.

Collapse -
by noogooyen / August 23, 2006 5:44 AM PDT

i've of course tried that, but still no luck. are there any websites?

Collapse -
I went to ebay and in search I tried...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2006 6:23 AM PDT
In reply to: webbies
Collapse -
by noogooyen / August 23, 2006 11:12 AM PDT

is this keyboard even compatible with my n3511 lifebook?

Collapse -
No. You were not looking for the full replacement.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2006 11:32 AM PDT
In reply to: compatibility?

Your post was looking for just a post or part. You may have to try a few and keep looking. Such things appear and disappear. Keep looking.


Collapse -
Re: broken fujitsu key
by DJ_Fixalot / December 20, 2011 5:44 AM PST
In reply to: broken fujitsu key

You don't need to spend that much on a replacement keyboard. You can replace individual keys for much cheaper by going to an online retailer like these guys:

They even have guides to help out and they'll help you track down the right kind. Hope that helps!

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?