Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Brochure on CD

I want to put my business brochure on CD. I want it to autorun and open to some ''as yet to be determined'' graphics about my business. I want clickable buttons which will take the viewer to different areas of information about my business and to useful internet links.

What software do I need to be able to do this and have the CD work on the great majority of computers of the CD recipients?

I think Flash might be one of the programs to do this--is it legal for me to put a Flash player on the CD so ALL the recipients can use the CD? What other software can do this?

Thanks
Ken Diestler
Galveston, TX

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Brochure on CD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Brochure on CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Type Auto Run CD in google.com but consider...

In reply to: Brochure on CD

Not everyone has a PC running Windows. If you want to be fairly open to all systems put the item in PDF format for the rest of us.

Bob

Collapse -
Brochure on CD

In reply to: Type Auto Run CD in google.com but consider...

Thanks--I did the GOOGLE and there are a number of programs which create the "autorun" and the menu. You are saying it would be better to create the content in PDF than in a Windows only program--I appreciate that. Can you create the content in html? Does Powerpoint run on all platforms or do I also need to purchase Adobe Acrobat to create the content?

Thanks

Collapse -
Power Point only runs on machines...

In reply to: Brochure on CD

That have PowerPoint. As to the PDF creation, we have PDF995, Open Office which give us free PDF creators so no need to buy anything new.

Make your CD as you wish but to force a person to install PowerPoint to view a CD may cut off a few potential veiwers. I find tossing the .PDF on the CD to offer an out for the rest of us.

Must like JPEG pictures your PDF should survice intact for years and viewable on every major platform known.

Bob

Collapse -
Brochure on CD

In reply to: Power Point only runs on machines...

Thank you very much--
It seems that an Autorun program from the selection provided by Google search and pdf creator either from Adobe or free from OpenOffice would be all I need to produce a reasonably good looking "CD Brochure"

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!