Question

Brocade fastiron GS 648p no boot images

Feb 29, 2016 1:28AM PST

I have a Brocade fastiron GS 648p switch which is an outstanding piece of hardware. however doue to an oversite and a techie who thought he was doing a factory reset, both the primary and secondary boot images have been deleted. I went on the brocade site and there was no download for such images on there. I contacted brocade and they flatly refused to help me as i did not buy the item new. I looked on the net and found nowhere where i could download said boot flash images. I inderstand they can be copied from another similar switch with the aid of a tftp server. Short of trying to source another switch does anyone know where i can find working boot images?
Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Brocade fastiron GS 648p no boot images
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Brocade fastiron GS 648p no boot images
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Brocade, even if not new
Feb 29, 2016 8:28AM PST

Usually accepts payment for services. I'd get back to them and ask how much for what you need.

- Collapse -
Nothing on the brocade site
Feb 29, 2016 11:11AM PST

they said if i had a service contract with them, then i would have access to their software library. They didn't say whether any flash images were on there. i did manage to create a feww account which allowed me to view what they had and there were no flash images for my switch. So i don't think they could help eve if they wanted to.
Besides, i can't aford expensive service contracts.
So i'm sondering if the'res an archive somewhere.
It would be a shame to have to scraptch such a decent switch.

- Collapse -
So I'm guessing here this is old old really old
Feb 29, 2016 11:41AM PST

Gear that was end of life'd years ago. Guess it's not worth a service contract either. I see such things on ebay and then folk buy them and find out about the support costs. Your newer network folk who were only exposed to consumer gear often feel upset about it.

- Collapse -
Not that old
Feb 29, 2016 11:57AM PST

the software date stamp is 2007. It's a gigabit switch. not that old. I'm wondering of brocade aren't the origional manufacturers but bought them out as make on it is "foundry"

- Collapse -
That is old.
Feb 29, 2016 12:09PM PST

And off of service contract, well, can be upsetting to folk that own such a thing. Sorry to read all the above and good hunting.

CNET Forums

Forum Info