General discussion

broadband connection not work

Hi,
I use win XP .
I create the broadband connection icon with suitable ISP username and password .
But when I start this connection , I get error 720 ( the attached JPEG file screen ).
It is work in another computer .
the cable is ok .
The win XP have been corrupted/crash before and the network icon is need to re-created by uninstall and re-install .
How can I recover the broadband connection ???

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: broadband connection not work
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: broadband connection not work
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: no broadband

1. You can't attach pictures here. You have to download them to any other site (such as flickr) and link to it.
2. What does "corrupted/crashed" exactly mean? And how did you solve that?
3. What does "uninstall and re-install" exactly mean?
4. Since when doesn't it work? Can you go back to when it worked via System Restore?
5. The most difficult question: what does this icon do? Most broadband connections just are there and work and don't need an icon to be activated. That information (username and password) is stored in the modem somehow). What did you install to make that icon?

Kees

- Collapse -
broadband connection not work

1) next time .
2) the confguration of network connection disappear suddenly , all the icon in network disappear without reason .There is no backup , I just uninstall and re-install the lan card adpator again .The netwrok icon re-appear again .
3)in control panel > system > devie manager .Uninstall the network adaptor and install it again .
4) There is no backup . No restore .
5)in start>connect to , there are many icon for different network ......
the icon mean those network adaptor icon.....

- Collapse -
Sorry, can't help.

My XP PC's don't have any Start>Connect to. Not do I see any network icon. And still everything works fine. So your situation is totally unclear to me.
Maybe somebody else does recognize it.

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info