Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Britney Spears. Soused, Smashed, Sloched or Sleepy?

by James Denison / January 4, 2007 5:52 AM PST

Isn't she a mother too now? How many kids? No mention of them here. Looks like sweet little Britney is headed for a spa, and it may be for
some of the normal Hollywood reasons. I heard she was getting or had
gotten a divorce??? Hey guys, she may be available again. Any guys interested in helping her out through all this? Guys??

http://www.playfuls.com/news_00002043_Britney_Spears_Checks_In_To_Exclusive_Arizona_Spa.html
Former pop star Britney Spears reportedly checked in to a luxury Arizona spa called Sanctuary. According to Life & Style Weekly, the singer's parents are urging their daughter to enter therapy. "It's just been heartbreaking for her parents to watch Britney on this downward spiral," a Spears "insider" reportedly told the magazine. "It's so sad."

"With these celebrities, 'exhaustion' sometimes means something else and a little rest at a spa sometimes actually translates into something a little more serious," a source told the magazine. The spa caters for those who want to detox or just relax but speculation is rife that "detox" really should read "dry out".
(see link for more)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Britney Spears. Soused, Smashed, Sloched or Sleepy?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Britney Spears. Soused, Smashed, Sloched or Sleepy?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It gets even worse. Big Britney fan site closing down.
by James Denison / January 4, 2007 6:14 AM PST
http://www.playfuls.com/news_00001989_Largest_Britney_Spears_Fan_Site_Shutting_Down.html
The largest and probably best Britney Spears fan site, WorldofBritney.com, is shutting down "as Britney keeps losing her identity and credibility within fans and industry people."
Ruben Garay, the webmaster and founder of WorldofBritney.com has announced on December 27th that he will shut down the site beginning January 31st, 2007....

The announcement is the consequence of Britney's reckless partying life after dumping Kevin Federline. She showed her ****** for the press a few times, performed impromptu strip numbers, to name a few of her awkward actions as of late.
Meanwhile, her estranged husband Kevin Federline has reportedly filed for sole custody of their two sons, 16-month-old Sean Preston and three-month-old Jayden James, which he should get.
(if you can take it, more at link. So glad she's not MY daughter, or mother of my children)
Collapse -
You forgot "untalented"
by Josh K / January 4, 2007 6:54 AM PST

The "spa" is most likely code for "rehab." If that's the case and if she works the program and stays sober, she can still turn out to be a good mother. Hopefully better than she's been so far.

Collapse -
I guess in fairness we should hear what she said today.
by James Denison / January 6, 2007 11:50 AM PST
http://www.xornal.com/article.php3?sid=20070107011556
"It has been a while since I've addressed you personally here on my official website. The last couple of years have been quite a ride for me, the media has criticized my every move and printed a skewed perception of who I really am as a human being. Behind every decision I have made in my public life there always seems to be an apparent contradiction. I have come to terms with that which is why I usually don't pay much attention to it.

The last couple of years have been very enlightening for me and now that I've had the time to be "me," I've been able to sit down and think about where I want to go with myself as an entertainer with absolutely no strings attached.

I am now more mature......"
(see link for rest)
Collapse -
"untalented"? britney spears may be many things Josh
by jonah jones / January 6, 2007 12:09 PM PST

but untalented is not one of them....

Collapse -
Your opinion, which I do not share
by Josh K / January 7, 2007 12:54 AM PST

Ever listen to her records? There's so much processing on her voice that you can't even tell what she really sounds like. I watched the video for "Hit Me Baby One More Time" or whatever it's called. I laughed out loud watching her go "Bay-buh, bay-buh" at the beginning of that. I could just picture the scene in the recording studio as she sang "Baby, baby" and her producer said, "No, no, like THIS...." and she kept doing it until she got it "right."

Someone once asked her about "Because the Night" (written by Springsteen, performed by Patti Smith) and she replied, "Oh I just love Pat Benatar."

IMO she has not one ounce of talent and what you see is the result of lots of coaching and training. Oh and a corporate think-tank writing all her material.

Collapse -
Where I come from there is a name for people who
by gearup / January 7, 2007 1:32 AM PST

make a living by selling sex. Spears,Madonna et al arent so far beyond this that it shouldnt be applied to them , talented or not!Because they sell it in the media instead of on the street doesnt really change things that much!

Collapse -
Re: "untalented".
by John Robie / January 7, 2007 3:05 AM PST

My wife thinks she is a terrible singer. I like her dancing, and think her singing is great compared to any 'rapper'....speaking of untalented.

Course' lets don't pick on Britney when she wears a green dress. Happy

Collapse -
yeah but...
by grimgraphix / January 7, 2007 5:41 AM PST
In reply to: Re: "untalented".

J Lo's green dress showed one kind of cleavage... Brit's showed...
Devil

grim

Collapse -
I find the attention she has on her
by grimgraphix / January 7, 2007 1:34 AM PST

kind of sickening... not because of her actions (which are out of control) but because you can find so much press out there that actually celebrates watching someone self-destruct. It's like a cheerleading squad of doom. People can condemn her all the while buying up every paparazzi rag that shows her crashing and burning.

The woman is self medicating to escape... and all the press does for her is encourage more drugging and drinking. Not to mention her new "friends", Paris and Lindsey. I hope she has those who really care about her encouraging her to get help for her own sake, rather than her management doing it just to keep the cash cow going for a few more million.

I was never a big fan, but I wish her well.

grim

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?