Question

Bridging Motorola MG7540 and SB6580

I have a smart tv that won't get on wireless anymore. So, I was going to connect an old router to that tv and bridge a new router to the old router. new router is: mg7540(192.168.10.1) and old router is sb6580(192.168.10.100). I changed their IP addy's in case i need to reset to factory settings.
I have dhcp turned off on 10.100 I can not ping 10.100 unless it's plugged into 10.1 .. When I scan for access point... i can see 10.100 can not connect or ping. on 10.1 - erouter provisioning mode is set to eroute-dual mode and will not let me change to bridged mode. I've tried doing the motorola connect/turn off/turn on to try to get them to bind...but.. that didn't work either.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Bridging Motorola MG7540 and SB6580
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Bridging Motorola MG7540 and SB6580
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I had to google that model.
- Collapse -
Bridging Motorola MG7540 and SB6580

The MG7540 is new and it does indicate that it can be a bridge. The SB6580 can also be bridged. I have set each MAC address on each device to know of each other in the Wireless/Bridging tabs also. This is the manual for the mg7540

- Collapse -
Then back to Moto

If they claim it works you have a support claim to make.

- Collapse -
I thought this was a helpful forum

I have submitted a ticket to motorola as well as looking on forums for assistance. I have tried many of the ideas from others and from documentation from motorola. I understand that you are a moderator on this forum...but.. frankly... I find your answers back to be offensive and useless.

- Collapse -
I wish I could offer more.

But it's not working according to you and the manual. The one I read was short and didn't allude to being able to do what you want.

I've seen folk get upset over this but I did read the manual and came to the conclusion it doesn't do this.

It's the usual cable modem+router box and I've found these things to not be as flexible as common routers.

My advice is to make it a support issue with Mot or just go get what should work.

- Collapse -
PS.

Thanks for the other manual link. The bridge there looks to be used with other WAPs and not another modem+router.

I'm just someone that wrote router code in the 90's so after reading the manual I don't see how this device will deliver what you want.

- Collapse -
I had to google that model.

CNET Forums

Forum Info