See post 17 in our forum sticky. Sorry but this is all I can offer.
I just today got going with my new AT&T DSL service (in the San Francisco Bay Area if it makes a difference), and I have the 2Wire 2701HG-B DSL modem/router device. I want to put this into bridged mode and connect it to my workhorse WRT54GS (v. 1.1) which is running the Tomato 1.19 firmware.
I've found several guides on putting the modem into bridged mode, and follow those just fine. I then go into the WRT's configuration, set it for PPPoE, enter in my email@example.com username and then my password, only to have it perpetually sit there trying to establish a connection.
Before you ask:
- All cables are good
- The cable from the 2Wire IS plugged into the WRT's WAN port
- The WRT is functioning properly
- I have reset the WRT settings to the Tomato defaults, so it's not some MAC Address filter thing
- The 2Wire does work when connected directly to my system
- I have tried multiple ports on the 2Wire with no success
So, looking for any and all suggestions on getting this setup going.