Speakeasy forum

Alert

Breaking news....Bomb suspect number one..shot dead......

by Tony Holmes / April 18, 2013 6:53 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Breaking news....Bomb suspect number one..shot dead......
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Breaking news....Bomb suspect number one..shot dead......
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This will not end well............
by Tony Holmes / April 18, 2013 8:12 PM PDT

and they will get him.The entire town is sealed off for a 20 block radius,transit shut down,no business will be allowed to open and Cops,Swat and FBI are going door to door.

Collapse -
I'm hoping they can take #2 alive......
by Josh K / April 18, 2013 11:02 PM PDT

......so we can hopefully learn more about why they did it and whether they were working for or with anyone else. It may not end with these two and if they're both killed, the trail could go cold.

Boston airspace is closed and nothing is going in or out of Logan Airport. They're not giving this guy any means of escape or any opportunities to blow anything else up.

Collapse -
I agree
by James Denison / April 19, 2013 5:24 AM PDT

But I'm certainly tired of going back to TV and seeing "Breaking News!" which is then followed by "suspect still at large".

Collapse -
I say we sit tight until it's over
by Steven Haninger / April 18, 2013 8:12 PM PDT

and that there is irrefutable evidence of who committed the crimes. No pictures of possible suspects or persons wanted for questioning should be circulated by the media or any non-official source. The media's "thirst to be first" not only gets in the way of law enforcement work but puts innocent people in jeopardy. Their ultimate desire is to do their own investigation and beat the police to identifying the perpetrators and they don't care how many innocents are wrongly suggested to be possibly involved along the way. Quantity and not quality is what they look for. Their credibility isn't just in jeopardy...it's on life support.

Collapse -
They're from Russia
by itsdigger / April 18, 2013 8:54 PM PDT

near Chechnya!

Collapse -
Just released by FBI......
by Tony Holmes / April 18, 2013 9:49 PM PDT
In reply to: They're from Russia
Collapse -
One down...looking for #2
by Willy / April 18, 2013 9:06 PM PDT

A sealed town and it can only get more tense as time goes by.

I can only suspect they needed $ because they robbed a 7-11 or simply were too brazen to pay. A trail of weapons and stolen cars are already being found. One link shows a pix of #2 leaving the area w/o backpack, maybe telling. -----Willy Shocked

Collapse -
Apparently their planning did not include......
by Josh K / April 19, 2013 12:19 AM PDT

......a getaway plan. They seemed to be winging it, and now #2 has seen his brother killed, knows his name and photo are being broadcast all over the world, and has probably not slept all night. He knows he's done and he's tired. All that adds up to him not being taken alive, but I'm still hopeful that he will be. The survivors and the families of the victims deserve to see him marched into a courtroom.

Collapse -
(NT) Screw courtroom...it's the intel that's important
by Willy / April 19, 2013 2:46 AM PDT
Collapse -
I don't think
by TONI H / April 19, 2013 10:59 PM PDT

there was a get away plan in place because of two possibilities.....one, they had more targets and two, they didn't take into consideration all the video and the public being asked to bring forward all cellphone and camera pics they had which meant they may have believed any eye-witnesses to their putting down the backpacks were going to be killed which bought them plenty of time to go to the next target. From what I understand, the 19 year old actually went back on campus the same day or the following morning as if he had nothing to hide from. Panic set it once the photos were released, they hijacked that car from the 7-11, drove around for 30 minutes with the owner before setting him free but that gave them enough time to get back to their apartment and gather up more of their bombing crap and possibly start heading out to the next target.......and it went downhill for them after they were spotted and had that shootout where the 26 yr old was killed/mortally wounded. One story I heard was that the 19 yr old actually backed the car up and over the top of his brother in an attempt to drive away from the shootout......then had to flee on foot. Have to wonder if the brother would have survived the shootout and could have been captured alive long enough to interrogate if the kid hadn't finished him off without meaning to. Something he'll have to live with knowing he probably killed his own brother........good.

Collapse -
Yup
by itsdigger / April 19, 2013 6:20 PM PDT

Glad he survived so all the victim's can get some kind of closure watching the Pig squeal and also glad he's an adult and can't squirm his way out because he's a minor.

Collapse -
Maybe we have a chance here to show ourselves to be better
by Steven Haninger / April 19, 2013 10:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Yup

than people who do this sort of thing. Wanting vengeance might be a normal human response but I can't think it does much good...or at least not for long. Meeting evil with more evil can't be a good thing. Do we really identify with people who we can picture reveling in the torture and murder of even the worst among us? IMO, any time we need to punish for wrongdoing, we should do so with great sorrow rather than joy. We cannot consider ourselves to be a better people unless we can show ourselves to also be worthy of receiving both justice and mercy. Mix of joy and sadness here...

Collapse -
Vengeance is a godly response
by James Denison / April 20, 2013 5:52 AM PDT

Have you not read "Vengeance is mine" says the Lord? Also, are you aware of the "cities of refuge" and what the setup for that was in relation to the "right of the avenger"?

Collapse -
so if it's his, what does it have to do with us?
by Roger NC / April 20, 2013 6:07 AM PDT

Seems to me might be a warning not to usurp his perogative.

Collapse -
And doesn't that expression begin something like
by Steven Haninger / April 20, 2013 8:11 AM PDT

"Revenge not yourselves..."? There is much that doesn't belong to man and vengeance is just one of them. Should be self explanatory.

Collapse -
Your answer to that question
by James Denison / April 20, 2013 3:42 PM PDT

is in the life of King David. It gives a proper understanding of vengeance that is justified, and approved by God, and that which is not. You could start with the incident about Nabal.

Collapse -
(NT) thank you
by Roger NC / April 20, 2013 10:12 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.