Rant

Brand new just-out-of-the-box Samsung LED TV shows bluedots

Hello there,

Today I bought a Samsung LED TV (Model number: UE46EH5305). When I installed it at home and turned it on, I saw a collection of blue pixels right in the middle the screen. Initially I thought it was some sort of a graphic, but then I saw it in all videos from all possible sources. When the screen is black they appear blue. If the screen is white, they appear yellow. Its quite annoying to see such a problem with a brand new TV. What could be wrong? I have written to Samsung customer care and also to the dealer. But since this is weekend I wont get any response until Monday morning. So I had to post this here to see if someone has any thoughts about this.

Hope the dealer replaces the TV.

Cheers.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Brand new just-out-of-the-box Samsung LED TV shows bluedots
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Brand new just-out-of-the-box Samsung LED TV shows bluedots
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It may not be the maker but the delivery.
- Collapse -
Re: It may not be the maker but the delivery

Okay. Will contact the seller tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply.

- Collapse -
HDMI Cable?

How are you connecting it? I had a problem close to that. It ended up being a bad hdmi cable. Also make sure the cable is going the right direction. Some monster cables are directional and will do the same if backwards.

- Collapse -
Re: HDMI Cable?

I tried that as well. But the problem persists even if I do not have any HDMI cable plugged in. Even if the TV is playing a video from my hard disk (for example), I see those blue pixels.

Thanks for your reply.

CNET Forums