Auto Repair forum

General discussion

Brand New 2007 Lexus ES 350...

by Psych Doc / April 8, 2006 5:47 AM PDT

...Car will be hitting the showrooms April 21st.

Swiveling headlights, Bluetooth, 272hp, keyless entry/start, ipod connectivity, state of the art nav system, backup camera, radar based cruise control, electric rear windowshield shade, xenon headlights, heated and A/C'd front seats, dual power front seats both with memory....all in a very handsome package with legendary Lexus reliability, resale value and customer pampering.

In a world where a lowly Acura RS costs $50k, a BMW 5 series (530Xi) runs $60k and a tinny sounding spartan M-B E350 will set you back $55-60k, this baby's a real winner.

Priced at about $42-44k, this thing is priced to sell like hotcakes.

I'm planning on getting one within weeks after it arrives in the showrooms. Yeah, I know I'll be paying sticker but I just don't have the self control to wait 8 months to save a thousand or two.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Brand New 2007 Lexus ES 350...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Brand New 2007 Lexus ES 350...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I know
by tattimann / April 8, 2006 11:08 AM PDT

I was checking out some pictures of this car and it truly is a beauty. Compared to last years model it is amazing. I know hey, the mercedes and bmws are some much more expensive compared to this car. I would buy this car,but I am looking for a 7-seater s.u.v. Can u help.

Collapse -
GPS Question on Lexus
by Dan Filice / April 10, 2006 9:49 AM PDT

I liked what I saw of this car. Nice style. Question on the GPS it uses: On some cars, when you use the GPS system, you can't use CD player. Does the Lexus have a separate GPS system that runs separate from the other audio systems? I remember seeing some of the GM cars where one would need to insert a GPS disc into the in-dash unit, which over-rode the audio system.

Collapse -
Old Fashioned CD Based Systems Vs. DVD Systems...
by Psych Doc / April 10, 2006 10:20 AM PDT
In reply to: GPS Question on Lexus

...All of today's better systems use DVD based technology. DVD's have infinitely more storage capacity than a CD. What that means is that the entire U.S. and Canada can be included on one disc with millions of POI (Points Of Interest) and other useful informations (i.e. phone numbers of resaurants, etc.). Older systems such as the "COMMAND" system used in Mercedes until just a year or two ago (if I recall correctly) used CD's with limited storage capacities. These had to be switched depeding on what part of the country you were in. They had very limited data and were very slow in accessing information and were often inaccurate in displaying routes.

Now the thing you want to look for is a "touch screen" which makes inputing addresses and such a snap. All the German manufacturers still use older non touch screen systems making it necessary to input data through an unweildy alphabet wheel. The difference is like night and day. Be sure to get one with a touch screen!

The Lexus nav system is, of course DVD based and only requires the one DVD and it is a touch screen It is completely independant of the audio system and both will work at the same time.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -
DVD Nav
by Dan Filice / April 11, 2006 5:22 AM PDT

Psych Doc,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the Mercedes usage of the CD Nav system. My Acura has a DVD Nav system, but the DVD is mounted in the trunk. I guess I should have rephrased my question to include the newer DVD audio systems that cars have. I've noticed that a lot of cars have the Nav disc in the dash rather than in the trunk (like my '02 Acura). I would think that these in-dash DVD Nav systems share the DVD drive with either music DVDs or CDs, unless the cars come equipped with two in-dash slot-loading mechanisms (which I doubt). So if this is the case, would one need to remove the DVD Nav disc to listen to either audio DVDs or CDs? Hmmmm.

Collapse -
Re:
by Psych Doc / April 11, 2006 5:43 AM PDT
In reply to: DVD Nav

As the DVD's used in today's nav systems cover the entire US and Canada there should be no need to ever touch it/replace it. As such, it can be placed in the trunk without a problem.

I have never heard of a nav system disc taking up a slot othewise used for audio of any sort.

Collapse -
2007 Lexus ES350
by chimbros / April 6, 2007 6:38 AM PDT

Hi, you must bought the new 2007 Lexus ES350 by now. How is the transmittion work ? As I am considering to get one, but there are many reports regarding the transmition problems. CAN YOU LET KNOW HOW IS YOURS.
Thank you very much for your reply!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.