Question

Boxes, when editing .mp3 tags (properties)

When I edit .mp3 tags (properties), I usually end up with little square boxes after the Artist Name. Sometimes I get a box for every tag I edited. What causes that?

I can get rid of them, by re-editing the Artist Name and deleteing the boxes. What a Pain!!!

Any Ideas?

MLStrand56

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Boxes, when editing .mp3 tags (properties)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Boxes, when editing .mp3 tags (properties)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
No app or much else revealed.

Sounds like your tag editor is buggy. Try others?
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Buggy

It happens with XP Pro SP3 MCE 2005 & Win7 Ultimate 64bit on 2 different computers.

I'm editing the .mp3 properties using Windows Explorer, so doubtful both Windows Exploders are Buggy.

MLStrand56

- Collapse -
But you just proved it.

You proved them to be buggy. You have a choice of calling Microsoft or using something that you find works.
Bob

CNET Forums