TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

by stewart norrie / March 13, 2007 3:55 AM PDT

It seems that the one thing we all agree on is how horrible Bose speakers are ha ha. But Bose are installed in Many new cars as a upgrade, are they also cr-p? I do remember the old 901s They had a great soundfield. Do they still make the 901? "0" by the way went shopping at wallmart yesterday They had a Sanyo l.c.d. on display and the picture really looked nice. I do remember when I had a car stereo business I sold Sanyo car stereos and they were the best car stereos on the market. I even went so far that I called Sanyo customer service, seems that they back what they sell anyone own a Sanyo ? how do you like it stewee

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BOSE SPEAKER QUESTION
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BOSE SPEAKER QUESTION
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
car audio
by bevillan / March 13, 2007 4:41 AM PDT

Most of the car manufacturers want to go with Bose or Harmon-Kardon because of the name recognition so you feel cooler when you upgrade to the premium sound systems. Now are they crap in cars? Not really. They are tailored to that specific car and any aftermarket system would probably end up being lackluster...especially when you are trying to replace/upgrade those 10 speaker or more systems in cars these days.

I have premium sound in my Lexus IS300 but it doesn't say what speaker company was used so I have no idea who they subcontracted out for their sound, but it sounds really good as is.

Collapse -
Not sure about Lexus, but my Toyota Senna XLE,
by jcrobso / March 14, 2007 1:08 AM PDT
In reply to: car audio

Has a JBL speaker system, it is nice!
Could Bo$e make good sounding speakers??? Yes if they want to, but that is a BIG IF.
The original Bo$e 901 had good drivers, but after 5 years Bo$e took out ads in all the Hi-Fi mags bragging the "New" diver for the 901. I think after that is when I really started to dislike the sound Bo$e speakers. John

Collapse -
Though tweaked over the years & certainly not new technology
by NM_Bill / March 13, 2007 6:12 AM PDT

anymore, Bose 901s a still around. When buying a basic hi-fi years back, I heard those 901s with the direct & rear deflecting speakers for a full ambiance effect. Ha. They were in the showroom only to demonstrate comparison against the Polks they really wanted to sell. I went for the Polks. They seemed pretty nice for few years. When I heard some Missions, that's what replaced the Polks. Now there's an aura of mystery about Missions as they haven't recently had an authorized U.S. distributor.

So some may think I have some exotic stuff. Actually they were less money than the Polks they replaced.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?