Laptops forum

General discussion

Booting the Laptop!

I am using Dell Latitude CPx,i dont know that much about tech stuffs so i need your help.
Everytime I turn on my laptop I need to put the installation cd so it would reboot and im getting tired of it,I see someone open their laptop but not use a cd,how do i do that?
how do i turn on my laptop without using the installation cd?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Booting the Laptop!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Booting the Laptop!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
More information needed. . .

In reply to: Booting the Laptop!

What operating system?

Has it always done this?

If it just started, have you tried System Restore?

What happens, exactly, if you don't use the CD? Error messages and such?

Collapse -
infos

In reply to: More information needed. . .

i always do it everytime i turn it on,

i press on button then it starts like "bootable device not selected,press F1 to reboot,then F2 for settings"

so then ill insert the installation cd and press F1 then thats the time when itll lead me to the desktop.

im not sure what the exact name is but it says
Dell Latitude Cpx J650CT

Collapse -
I understand. . .

In reply to: infos

you have to do it every time, but the question was, has it always done this? Has it always done this from day one when you got it? Has it ever worked correctly.

What operating system? Windows what?

How old is the laptop in years?

Collapse -

In reply to: I understand. . .

I dont know what operating system is it.how do i know?
my dad just bought it for me last year but i think the laptop is almost 5 years now.
i always do it since the first time i had it,and its been working that way since,theres no other problem but that..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.