Question

Boot Issue - Dominator GT72 2QE 464FR - NEED HELP!!!

Good Morning to All of You.
I bought a Dominator GT72 2qe 464FR in January 2015.
Few months ago, it began to have some battery issue...
In fact, the battery stopped to recharge properly and the laptop couldn't work without being connected to the charger.
But since september, after he has been shutdown normally, he can't boot anymore :

- Impossible to access/launch Bios.
- The screen is Always empty (Nothing appears when I connect a TV or a second screen in HDMI).
- When he boots, it looks like he tries to boot a second time.
- The fans are working, and the power fan button too.
- After few seconds, the left half part of the keyboard is blinking red.
- I tried to launch it with no RAM connected….same problem and no sound.
- I tried to take off the flat memory battery and waited 10 minutes before install it back...Nothing.
- I tried to launch it without battery connected...same problem...
- I checked the current value of the battery charger and everything is fine.

I will try to boot it with usb key with Ubuntu in it but I do not have a lot of hope...

Can someone please help me with this…?

I am at your disposal for any informations you may need to help me resolve my issue.
Excuse my bad English.

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Boot Issue - Dominator GT72 2QE 464FR - NEED HELP!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Boot Issue - Dominator GT72 2QE 464FR - NEED HELP!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: boot issues

The only thing you can do yourself is to try a new CMOS battery. Most likely that doesn't help. Then it's time to replace the motherboard. Might be expensive, but so is a new gaming laptop. Your choice once you know the estimated costs.

- Collapse -
Answer
I didn't read where you replaced the old battery(s).

Sometimes a laptop owner doesn't know the battery can be an one year part. It's only rated at 300 cycles and if your client (owner) used it everyday on battery, a year or two later and battery issues.

Now they bring it in and you find a very old battery but the client is shocked to learn about battery life (as opposed to run time.)

How old is this battery? Did you try a new one? Why not at least try the CMOS battery and the main battery?

- Collapse -
I will try new CMOS battery and maybe new charger

I didn't replace but just did a clear CMOS...I will try to change the CMOS battery.
And maybe find another charger...we never know...

- Collapse -
What about the main battery?

As we know it's just a short lived thing, can you reveal how old, its wear level if possible?

If you ever get the hankering to know about battery wear level I will share I install BATTERYBAR (the free one works for me) to see if the battery wear level is getting to the point the battery needs replacing. My threshold is early since we know a tired old battery can cause strain to the motherboard and charger which can be more expensive to fix than a new battery today.

CNET Forums

Forum Info