General discussion

Bookmarks Won't Reload

I run/switch to different OS programs on my pc. IE8/Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox 3.6. The issue I'm having is with Firefox. All my favorites listings have disappeared. I have them in the other OS programs, have copied them from the Firefox Library and tried to reinstall. Have copied them as html files from IE and Google to files in My Documents and tried to import them back to Firefox but nothing I'm doing seems to be working.
Can anyone please give me some not too technical help ? I'm a mildly advanced user but am a bit queasy messing with regedit solutions and such. My system is running Winxp Home Edition with sp3.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Bookmarks Won't Reload
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Bookmarks Won't Reload
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: "I run/switch to different OS programs on my pc. "

YOU DIDN"T LIST ANY OF THE DIFFERENT Operating systems, just various browsers so I will stick to them.

Open Firefox then click on the Bookmarks menu item. Now select the organize bookmarks option and in the window that pops up select the Import option.

- Collapse -
Favorites/Bookmarks

Sorry for the OS/Browser slip. Was on my first cup of coffee. I've tried that option as well, tried to import the favorites list from IE but that didn't work either.

CNET Forums

Forum Info