Speakeasy forum

General discussion

BOOK CLAIM: HILLARY HUMILIATED AS BILL HAS NEW AFFAIRS

Besieged author Ed Klein is preparing to defend his work this week when he hits the promotional circuit for TRUTH ABOUT HILLARY.

Klein's publisher has upped the book first printing to nearly 350,000 copies, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

[The book ranked #26 on AMAZON.COM's hourly sale chart late Sunday.]

Klein will sensationally claim Bill Clinton is flagrantly cheating on his senator wife.

"Hillary's aides noticed that Bill seemed to grow even more reckless after his memoir MY LIFE became a big bestseller. Thanks to his record-shattering $12 million book advance plus another $10 million in speaking fees, he was rolling in money -- and hubris," Klein writes.

"Throwing caution to the wind, he started a torrid affair with a stunning divorcee in her early forties, who lived near the Clintons in Chappaqua. There was nothing discreet about the way he conducted this illicit relationship; he often spent the night at his lover's home, while his Secret Service agents waited in a car parked at the end of her driveway."

"It's one thing to go out to California with his wild buddies and stuff there,' said someone with intimate knowledge of the former president's philandering. 'But being indiscreet with a woman in Chappaqua steps over the line. That's the place Hillary calls home.'"

such a honerable ex president hmmmmm
and still cant learn

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3ek1.htm

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BOOK CLAIM: HILLARY HUMILIATED AS BILL HAS NEW AFFAIRS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BOOK CLAIM: HILLARY HUMILIATED AS BILL HAS NEW AFFAIRS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How can she be surprised? The Presidency didn't stop him.

In reply to: BOOK CLAIM: HILLARY HUMILIATED AS BILL HAS NEW AFFAIRS

Why should he now worry about Hillary? Is she going to divorce him?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) can a divorcee be president?

In reply to: How can she be surprised? The Presidency didn't stop him.

Collapse -
Sure, but she would hurt her image as the forgiving wife who

In reply to: (NT) can a divorcee be president?

stands by her man. Plus, Bill still has political resources that can help her.

Collapse -
Discredited book is factually incorrect.

MOYNIHAN: Well, I'd like to see the tapes and the transcripts of these alleged tapes because my mother says that she hasn't spoken to him [Klein] in many, many years; certainly never spoke to him about this book; certainly never gave him the quotes that he alleges to --

And more:

But Klein, trying to portray Clinton as a political opportunist, got the facts completely wrong: News of Clinton's Jewish step-grandfather came long before the Suha Arafat incident, as even a cursory check of the facts would have quickly revealed. The story about Clinton's Jewish family members received extensive media coverage in August 1999, three months before the November 1999 incident with Arafat:...

Still more:

Oddly, Pat Moynihan never uttered Hillary's name -- not even once -- during this event. He could not bring himself to mention Hillary by name -- but the press reported his 'endorsement' just the same.

But a CNN transcript from July 7, 1999, shows that Moynihan in fact said both "Mrs. Clinton" and "Hillary Clinton" in making his endorsement:

MOYNIHAN: Liz and I welcome you to Derrymore [Moynihan's farm].

[...]

Mrs. Clinton and I have been up in the schoolhouse just for a little bit, which you can see over there.

The schoolhouse was built in 1854. Stayed a schoolhouse till the school bus arrived in 1946, and I've been in there for the last 36 years, and I can tell you, it's a good schoolhouse.

We have the -- I showed some of the records we have from 1856. I think you'd agree, the school had three teachers, 13 students and 71 books in the library. One, Paradise Lost --

CLINTON: Plutarch's Lives.

MOYNIHAN: Plutarch's Lives, Life and Essays of Franklin, Pilgrim's Progress. We haven't necessarily advanced in some -- in our educational reading assignments since 1856, but then there's still help.

Now, I have the great pleasure to welcome Mrs. Clinton to the farm and turn over the microphone to our candidate.

Before you do -- before I do, and, my God, I almost forgot -- yesterday, Hillary Clinton established an exploratory committee as regards candidacy for the Senate, United States Senate, from New York, a seat which I will vacate in a year and a half.

I'm here to say that I hope she will go all the way. I mean to go all the way with her. I think she's going to win. I think it's going to be wonderful for New York, and we'll be proud of our senator and the nation will notice.

These are so simple that even Dan Rather would have gotten them right.

Dan
Collapse -
And more.

To anyone who, like me, has been required to read previous entries in this subliterary genre, The Truth About Hillary emits a strong smell of toxic mold. Its 250-plus pages are padded out with the same old tales and the same old innuendoes, recounted by the same old parade of discredited or unnamed sources. Even the cover bears a startling resemblance to Joyce Milton?s The First Partner, upon which Mr. Klein leans more heavily than that flimsy work can bear.

His clich
Collapse -
Looks like the 2008 campaign is starting early, huh

In reply to: And more.

Unnammed or already-discredited sources, rehashed disproven rumors, outright lies, and we've still got three years to go before the campaign really begins.

{sigh}

Collapse -
It sounds more like the

In reply to: Looks like the 2008 campaign is starting early, huh

more repugnant elements of the right-wing are going to just keep the sleaze from the 2004 campaign going straight through the next several elections.

Ick.

Dan

Collapse -
well your right

In reply to: It sounds more like the

sleeze=ted hic the woman killer kennedy, a kkk member in senate,durbin, and last but not least kerry the less smart wanna be

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That makes no sense, Mark.

In reply to: well your right

Collapse -
Frankly I am tired of anything doing with the Clintons

In reply to: And a plagarist, too?

smearing them or reminding us of all their gaffe's political and otherwise in no way makes a Bush decision either right or wrong. This constant clamor makes me more and more suspicious concerning the motives of the Bush whitehouse instead of making me thank goodness that an "honest" man is sitting in it!

Collapse -
So aside from the fact.....

In reply to: And a plagarist, too?

....that it's a work of fiction and that parts of it may have been plagarized from another work of fiction, it's pretty damning stuff, huh.

:^O

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) In a nutshell. Yup.

In reply to: So aside from the fact.....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.