HolidayBuyer's Guide

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

BoL episode error 9/13/07? (today)

by darkblast93 / September 13, 2007 4:41 AM PDT

Why did today's episode get cut off after 4 minutes? Wait! The people running the simulation are shutting us off! AHHHH!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BoL episode error 9/13/07? (today)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BoL episode error 9/13/07? (today)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
you might have downloaded it during it's upload...
by shawnlin / September 13, 2007 4:49 AM PDT

it's happened to be before...we are such addicts...
--S

Collapse -
humm.....
by darkblast93 / September 13, 2007 5:01 AM PDT

Are you saying that it's my fault! How dar-...... I think it's my fault. =| *looks around* It's itunes' fault!

Collapse -
don't blame the kid for not knowing how,
by alex_smurf / September 13, 2007 5:12 AM PDT
In reply to: humm.....

Blame the parents, It's Steve Jobs his fault

Collapse -
Did it fix itself?
by raygun01 / September 13, 2007 5:15 AM PDT
In reply to: humm.....

Were you able to download the episode? I'm not quite sure why it would do that... I always wait for the MP3 file to publish completely before then publishing the XML file to the public... So it should be fully available to you when the XML is updated and live.

It seems to be downloading fine for me through iTunes... I will play it back and see if it stops after 4 min.

Collapse -
well...
by darkblast93 / September 13, 2007 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Did it fix itself?

it's been about 20 min. or so, and it hasn't updated or anything. it stops halfway through them talking about the Iphone in Europe.... o_0

Collapse -
Delete the downloaded podcast...
by raygun01 / September 13, 2007 7:27 AM PDT
In reply to: well...

and re-download the episode. I have a feeling something hiccup'd during the download, and the version isn't refreshing cause I don't think iTunes automatically refreshes if a version already exists in your library.

Hope that helps!

Collapse -
well...
by shawnlin / September 13, 2007 5:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Did it fix itself?

see, I usually just change the .mp3 link for today's date and directly download it prior to the XML publication. It really reminds of how Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson would peek into the tele-type/fax machine just to get a few lines ahead of the printed paper that was being spit out the top...

Best,
Shalin

Collapse -
lol..
by darkblast93 / September 13, 2007 5:34 AM PDT

That is the strangest analogy I've seen in a long time.

Collapse -
(NT) Bursting full of archaic general knowledge :D
by udayan71 / September 13, 2007 8:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) it is a pleasure to amuse and delight you all :)
by shawnlin / September 13, 2007 8:56 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.