Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Bob, are you paying for the forums?

by Coryphaeus / September 15, 2004 10:18 AM PDT

Just because the post titled General Question has been asked before is no reason for you to block it. Good grief! You act as if you are paying for the bandwidth and the salary of the people who might answer. You and I usually see eye to eye, but you've overstepped your bounds on this one.

This "smarter and more powerful than thou" attitude of yours is not needed here. These people are at least ASKING for help. Either give it to them or leave the thread alone, don't block it! This person is asking for help and acvice. Replies like yours will drive people away rather than welcome them to this learning tree.

I'm reporting this to Lee.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bob, are you paying for the forums?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bob, are you paying for the forums?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
300 responses are enough?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 15, 2004 10:40 AM PDT

I supplied the link.

Do we need such discussions?

Bob

Collapse -
I really don't think Bob is in the wrong here for locking
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / September 15, 2004 11:09 AM PDT

the thread below on the topic of--if you should leave or turn off your computer. This topic has been asked and discussed plenty of times and a huge resourceful and ongoing discussion/thread (300+ posts) has been created just for it which Bob has referenced before locking the thread.

One of the useful purposes of locking a thread is so that the forums don't get flooded with the same questions over and over again. If the topic has been addressed before, it doesn't need to be repeated--unless the dynamics are different and in the case below, it is of the same topic that has an ongoing discussion created already.

Many people who may be new to the forums may not understand this, but the forum SEARCH is your best friend! Use it to see if your problem has been asked before and if topic can't be found then proceed to post. This way it keeps the forums focused on newer issues that haven't been tackled before.

I can give you one topic that comes to mind that has been repeated over and over again--"Defragging is stuck at 5%" In this scenario locking the thread is best --with of course a post with referencing URL for previous threads on this topic and if the member finds that the referenced threads don't answer their questions, then they should proceed to post their unique situation.

Bob's intent is not to discourage, but to help people find their way around the forums and to show them that there are existing thread of the same topic already.

I'm hoping that one day I can get enough forum resources so that I can implement a sticky thread feature for popular discussion and/or a FAQs section for each forum so people can reference them first before posting the exact same problem over and over again.

So Wayne I hope you understand that locking a thread shouldn't be taken as threatening gesture or moderator power trip, rather to make the forums more efficient, so that we all can spend more time tackling new problems, rahter than addressing an old issue that has been discussed and solved already.

Thanks for your time.
-Lee
CNET Community

Collapse -
Thanks Lee. . .
by Coryphaeus / September 15, 2004 11:18 AM PDT

for the explaination. It did sound liker a power trip.

Wayne

PS

I left you a suggestion about the sticky notes. Happy

Collapse -
Re: Thanks Lee. . .
by reefurbb / September 16, 2004 3:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Lee. . .

I think R.P., Baker, Cursorcowboy and others should get some stipend from Microsoft for all their research and referencing herein....

Collapse -
Re: I really think Bob is in the wrong here for locking
by Marilyn37 / September 30, 2004 10:52 AM PDT

Yes, I've change the subject line. This is probably my 3rd post. I don't frequent ZDNet's forums often after my very first day here. I will sometimes revisit when friends email topics of interest to me.

I can't disagree that Mr. Profitt is knowledgable and helpful, as are many of the members. Still, I find Mr. Profitt's responses as little more than canned answers, or worse, lectures.

I find more help and a much more friendly atmosphere at extremtech that is largely unmoderated.

And I do agree with Coryphaeus. Mr. Profitt is a power tripper. Just keep in mind Mr. Koo: the less people that visit these forum, the less people read your banner ads.

Collapse -
Re: I really think Bob is in the wrong here for locking
by Stan Chambers / October 6, 2004 1:03 AM PDT

Marilyn37: Don't you think you could cut Bob a little slack here. This is a man who has made more than 21,000 posts in this forum, more than anyone else that I have seen. His contributions have helped not only the person posting, but countless others who read in this forum.
After all, he is only human, and not some robot who automatically says exactly what you want to hear.
When anyone responds to my posts, I am always grateful for the help. I don't have to agree with what they say, but I do appreciate their effort.
Which would you prefer, an answer that you don't like or agree with, or no answer at all?
While I visit other forums on occasion, this is the only forum that I have joined. I have found that this is the most professional forum, with the best moderators, for the average person to find help with their computer problems.
Thank You to all who participate.

Stan Chambers

Collapse -
Marilyn got "winged" by my words. Not my intent.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 6, 2004 1:47 AM PDT

Check Marilyn37's few posts. In a response I countered on some advice and English did me in again. The intent was not conveyed and Marilyn37 hasn't gotten over it.

One issue here is fish or fishing lessons. I think people have caught on that my replies are other not "fish". If the issue is very hard to find the answer, I may supply the rare fish and if time permits, links to the information or how I came up with the answer.

The issue of locking a thread is a matter of what to do with discussions that are legends in their own right. The power on/off discussion is just the one that will generate hundreds of posts every time its started. You can see above that its ok to lock a new post and supply a link to the ongoing thread.

In closing, please read the post at http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7598-0.html?forumID=51&threadID=38346&messageID=449712 in which the fish/fish-lesson is noted as well where I slyly am pushing someone to stop letting the PARASITES invade their machine.

Today, the malware issue accounts for better than 1/2 the posts in the technical forums.

Cheers,

Bob

Collapse -
Re: I really don't think Bob is in the wrong here for lockin
by Stan Chambers / October 5, 2004 3:51 PM PDT

I'm a fairly new member to this forum. I've read most of Bob's posts since joining.
Although some may be offended by his sometimes curt answers, I believe that he makes an honest effort to help everyone. He is not one to waste words. Some of his answers remind me of a teacher that I had. They give clues and hints, without giving a concise answer to the question. Most people just look for an easy answer, but Bob's answers offer direction that encourages people to think for themselves.
He has answered numerous posts that I've made, and always gives good advice. I have learned a great deal from reading what he has written.
He may not always come across as Mr. Congeniality, but I have to say that he is a great teacher. I, for one, very much appreciate all of his contributions to this forum and look forward to reading all his posts. Keep up the good work.

Stan Chambers

Collapse -
Exactly why I'm afraid to post a question.
by dukelanes / October 1, 2004 12:28 PM PDT

heaven help me if I don't give the proper information. If Bob wants to save bandwidth, he can easily say so in his typical replies:

RTFM
buy a new cd-rom because they're cheap

If I want help regarding computer help, I read the threads here, especially from those that supply REAL information. I notice people like Bill Gaston, Ray Harinec, Corypheus,Willy, Grif Thomas and plenty others give simple answers without the lecture. What Bob has in computer knowledge- which he seems to lord over people as if they're idiots, is counter-balanced by simple people skills and diplomacy. If you put it to a vote, I think the members would vote him out. It's sad that the ZDnet forums have degenerated from the fun place CNet uset to be.

If I want a lecture, I'll call my Mom.

Collapse -
If you don't like prophet Proffitt, don't read him.
by reefurbb / October 1, 2004 10:19 PM PDT

It's a choice here, not a popularity contest. I think some need a lecture, especially for no info, no reply, wrong forum, etc. Also a choice to post a reply contradicting him. Maybe he's a cyber trunk monkey?

Collapse -
Re: If you don't like prophet Proffitt, don't read him.
by hitback / November 4, 2004 3:45 PM PST

I built up 69 posts under another email address. I could not believe how long Bob and the rest went along with me.

I could not get the message of partitioning and never did. (not thir fault). Though my origional machine came with 20 GB, I could never get the new hdd to the 80GB, I was shooting for.

Every post, I was so thankful that they did not cut me off. They never did cut me off, I just felt too foolish to ask again.

At times, they cannot feel that they are dealing with pure idots when they deal with us. So no one else gets peeved, I am speaking for myself, unless the shoe fits.

I well appreciate this forum and the help it offers.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?