Speakeasy forum

General discussion

BO hosted another Rose Garden fiasco when he

by Tony Holmes / June 15, 2014 12:28 AM PDT

invited the Bergdahls and the first words out of the father's mouth were in Pashto.

I concede that Bowe has mental problems and for me it's easy to see from where they originated(his father).

Before anyone cries foul,this link is entirely supported by police reports:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657068/EXCLUSIVE-Revealed-Twin-sisters-lived-fear-Bowe-Bergdahls-stalker-father-caught-peeping-windows-shower.html

It seems the senior bergdahl was sexually obsessed with twin sisters who lived on his UPS route and continually stalked them.The only reason this bum is not in jail is because the sisters declined to prosecute because his son was a POW.

This was the BUM that BO invited to the Rose Garden and I'm supposed to feel sorry for him?? I don't think so!

Had I been the twin's father I can assure the outcome would have been different.I would have camped out at their house and answered the door with a big grin: "Hi Bob,how ya doin???

Hilarity ensues!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: BO hosted another Rose Garden fiasco when he
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: BO hosted another Rose Garden fiasco when he
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
All the creeps are coming out of the closets now
by James Denison / June 15, 2014 2:04 PM PDT

If history proves true, eventually society will have a big wretching fit and do a wholesale cleaning in a purge. You can warn them, but they don't believe it, till it happens.

Collapse -
Planning on assisting, or are you intent on provoking this
by Rob_Boyter / June 16, 2014 12:35 AM PDT
"cleaning". How remakably convenient is your "Christianity". I don't recall Jesus advocating a slaughter of the other co-religionists, let alone other religionists.

Mr. Bergdahl may be peculiar, and naive in his understanding of political realities and perceptions, but that's not a capital crime, nor is it any reason to blame it on Obama.

Oh, and a "till" is where you put the cash. " 'til" is the accepted shortening of the word "until", mind you I've made that slip myself sometimes too.

Rob
Collapse -
Did you ever
by TONI H / June 16, 2014 1:16 AM PDT

have anyone in your left that was nurturing rather than critical, Rob? It's disgusting how often you feel the need to follow in those footsteps for absolutely no reason, other than to just be crappy to people. Since history normally repeats itself when you know no other way, I'm sorry you were surrounded by so many during your formative years, it seems.

Oh, since you aren't a physical person, 'till' also refers to getting the ground ready for planting or a seasonal change (such as 'till' it under for the winter). Just some additional education for you.

Collapse -
Yes, Toni, not that it's any of your business.But my parents
by Rob_Boyter / June 16, 2014 10:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Did you ever

also taught me not to back away from bullies, and when BS is served, not to simply swallow it and smile.

And sadly I had just hit the post button when I thought of the "till" you mention. Odds are there are other definitions, but none that occur to me at the moment.

Are you aware of any particular one of those "great wretching fits" that James speaks of, or any "wholesale cleaning in a purge" which wasn't violent, murderous and usually based on religion? Or any of them which are not looked upon as great crimes? Stalin's purges for example, or the pogroms of the Russians and Ukrainians and the Poles visited upon the Jewish inhabitants for example, or maybe the Turkish slaughter of Armenian Christians in 1915, which gave Hitler the idea for his Holocaust? Or perhaps the three way split of Jugoslavia fought out between Roman Catholics in Croatia, the Orthodox in Serbia, and Muslims in Bosnia?

To invoke, or (apparently) to desire that sort of blood letting is entirely to abandon civilized norms and to abandon the word of the Lord as expressed very clearly in the Bible. The trouble with James is that his view of Biblical teachings appears only to apply to people he likes. No homosexuals however worthy, or Jews or Muslims or any other ethnic or religious group need apply, because they will be rejected out of hand.

And clearly the several times that I have said something nice to James or agreed with him hasn't made any impression on you.

Rob

Collapse -
Funny
by TONI H / June 16, 2014 10:06 PM PDT

also taught me not to back away from bullies, and when BS is served, not to simply swallow it and smile.....

But that's exactly what I was taught and taught my children, and why I post against you, JP, and Josh in here so frequently.

I guess the definition of 'BS' in all in the ears of the one listening..........

Collapse -
From the sounds of it...
by JP Bill / June 17, 2014 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Funny

you're a tough old bird.....and us 3 against you sounds like draw.

Collapse -
When the prophets of old

spoke of such purges coming to ancient Israel, do you think they were speaking of them or some group they were associated with doing it? You really like to twist and shout, don't you?

Collapse -
RE: When the prophets of old spoke
by JP Bill / June 16, 2014 6:26 AM PDT

YOU were there?

Unlike today....someone says something.....100 reporters "hear" and 1000 different interpretations of "what was said" are in the press/Bible.

2000 years later?

TaDa!!!!

Collapse -
that's because the reporters today and their "hearers"
by James Denison / June 16, 2014 7:52 AM PDT

Are all liars and deceivers.

Collapse -
RE: reporters today
by JP Bill / June 16, 2014 9:54 AM PDT

Are all liars and deceivers.

THIS just in....From "James the reporter"

All the creeps are coming out of the closets now

purges coming to ancient Israel,

Collapse -
100 reporters may "hear" someone's words
by Steven Haninger / June 16, 2014 8:57 AM PDT

but I could think that, too often, they aren't listening to what's being said. What they plan to write has already been determined.

Collapse -
RE: What they plan to write has already been determined.
by JP Bill / June 16, 2014 9:28 AM PDT

IF everyone on the planet was using the same ears.....

2 ears...3.5 billion people.

100 reporters may "hear" someone's words but I could think that, too often, they aren't listening to what's being said.

So, you could think reporters too often, they aren't listening, yet you take as gospel/the truth, something that was reported from 2000 years ago?

I realize YOU haven't said you believe what they said...Just that reporters weren't listening.

SO, you could agree with me...BUT you won't admit it.

Collapse -
That was quite a stretch
by Steven Haninger / June 17, 2014 12:41 AM PDT

but reaching higher in an orange tree won't find the apple you want. In your example, all I can say is that there is quite a difference between a news reporter and a student. I could believe, however, that some reporters act more like students of some of our politicians. If you were to say that, I'd agree with you.

Collapse -
RE: That was quite a stretch
by JP Bill / June 17, 2014 12:56 AM PDT

No more than yours.

Whether a reporter acts like a reporter or a student, it's hard to tell when YOU weren't there to see the event.

Unfortunately the term "Video at 11" wasn't around 2000 years ago.

Even now many times you can't believe what your eyes are seeing.

Collapse -
(NT) To take a leaf from your book, "Stop living in the past." R
by Rob_Boyter / June 16, 2014 10:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Is it your contention that the President asked Mr Bergdahl
by Rob_Boyter / June 16, 2014 1:22 AM PDT

to say a few words in Pashto? or coached him? or scripted this stupidity?

You mean to say that Geoge W. Bush wouldn't have hosted the parents of a returning captive?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/where-were-bergdahl-detra_b_5487099.html
Conservative media were quick enough "gin" up a total fabrication regarding Jessica Lynch, to bolster the ridiculously wasteful Second Iraq War.

The President isn't responsible for Mr. Bergdahl or his badly chosen remarks and the US isn't a police state where Stasi-style (or Hoover-style) rumour and innuendo is collected on everyone to be used against them by politicians.

"She said that after they reported Bergdahl to police, he was 'very respectful of everything that was finalized'." from your source, not that you're likely to have read that far. Many, possibly most, people behave stupidly at some point in their lives, and "middle-aged crazy" is not an uncommon thing in men of a certain age.

Rob

Collapse -
It is our contention

that Obama wanted him to say it in Kenyan and he didn't.

Collapse -
(NT) Same old fiction, hunh? Don't you ever learn?
by Rob_Boyter / June 16, 2014 10:13 AM PDT
In reply to: It is our contention
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.