HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Blur Issue

by iVersatile / May 12, 2009 1:22 PM PDT

HD_Tech

This new set i received as an exchange (LN40B530) about a month ago has two problems... one is i still have Flashlights at the two bottom corners, it originally had them in all four corners but the ones at the top are barely visible now. For the passed month i have tried to live with it because i honestly don't feel like going through what i went through the first time with customer service and the none helping techs.

The second problem is that for the passed month i have noticed that during dark scenes i am having this blur/smearing issue. I first saw it while playing Halo 3 during a dark scene i noticed really bad smearing, after i tried turning Game Mode On to see if it would help but it didn't. I than started playing a few movie/game trailers on my PS3 that had dark scenes in them to see if i saw the same smearing problem and sure enough i did. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Blur Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Blur Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Blur Issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 13, 2009 4:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Blur Issue

iVersatile,

Some of the fast scenes will have some blur, as that is inherent with a 60Hz LCD panel. The scenes in between some of the games are often 24Hz, and may deal with a 24hz to 60Hz conversion, also causing some blur there as well, particularly with fast motion.

However, the flashlighting issue is something I can't explain. iVersatile, my heart goes out to you because I know you've had a heck of a time with the last exchange. I'd like to say I could step in and make it easy, but I can't guarantee that.

If you'd like, I'll assist to the best of my abilities, but I'll leave that decision up to you.

Give ECR a ring, and post a transaction number, and I'll gladly help as much as I can.

--HDTech

Collapse -
ECR
by iVersatile / May 13, 2009 7:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Blur Issue

I just got off the phone with ECR and after a month of my ticket being open i was told my file never got sent up for review. The last person i spoke to about a month ago told me that if i didn't receive a call or e-mail from tham after 21 days that i could request a Refund or another Exchange, when i told the person i spoke to today this he pretty much ignored me.

He said he put in a request to get a repair done as well. I told him about my passed experience with the service techs and that i was a bit scared nothing would be done and i was told that hopefully "It won't happen again"

Wouldn't a refund be easier than sending a bunch of service techs over that are no help at all. I mean the only reason i received an exchange offer in the first place was because of you and another tech over at Samsung who took a look at the pictures i sent and comfirmed i indeed did have a problem.

If i were to receive a refund i would turn around and buy a another Samsung, perhaps a Plasma this time.

Is there anything you can do or say to help me get this done Mr HD Tech?

Thanks for the help.

Collapse -
Transaction Number
by iVersatile / May 13, 2009 7:18 AM PDT
In reply to: ECR

Here is my ticket number.

Collapse -
ECR
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 14, 2009 5:37 PM PDT

iVersatile,

As of this evening, I have sent a request to the head of ECR, and it's my hope that they would get back to you in a few business days. While I don't have any pull in the decision, I'm doing my best to assist getting you a call back.

The plasma replacement, or refund is up to the ECR Department, and would encourage you to see if you can get what best suits your needs. But I have explained the situation briefly, and hopefully they can use that information to give you a satisfactory result.

I appreciate your loyalty, your patience and your kind words. It's my sincere hope that you're satisfied with the result.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Refund
by iVersatile / June 22, 2009 12:38 AM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech,

First of all, i apologize for bumping such an old thread, but i felt it was not necessary to create a new thread for an update on my situation.

Finally, some good news. I would like to let you know that Samsung has finally done the right thing and offered me a full refund of the purchase price. Initially they had set me up with yet another repair appointment but i finally convinced them that the service techs that i keep getting are rude and unprofessional and they acknowledged what i was saying and offered me a Refund, or an Exchange. I took the Refund so that i can use the money and buy a higher end model. This time i WILL use the 30 day return policy if anything is wrong with my next Samsung purchase =)

Thanks again for all that you have done/tried to do for me so that i can get this issue resolved. I don't know if you had any pull in their decision but i appreciate it regardless.

Collapse -
Refund
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 22, 2009 4:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Refund

iVersatile,

I appreciate you coming back to update me on the situation.

I'm always sorry to hear when service technicians are less than professional, and I've appreciated your patience and demeanor on the threads - during what was quite a rollercoaster of goods and bads.

I had made the suggestion several times, however, ECR does have the final say on these matters (and I do not), so I'll let them take the credit for your satisfaction. The important thing is that you were taken care of, and I personally am very, very happy to hear that.

If we can help further, please don't hesitate to log on.

Best,

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.