Windows 8 forum

Question

Bluetooth Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU

by Deigh123 / April 1, 2014 10:27 AM PDT

Bluetooth 4 is supposedly standard in this machine but it does not seem to be present, so I purchased Argus bluetooth 4 and plugged the dongle in.
Despite a couple of months experimenting I cant get it to work. I have a bluetooth receiver which will pair with my phone and works well. But try it with the computer and ....zilch
Try to find the reason and the computer insists either that I have not switched it on or alternatively that the user has disconnected it. There is no switch on the dongle, a blue light is on so we know it is working but can't get any further.
Anyone got any good ideas?
Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Bluetooth Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Bluetooth Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Too little detail.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 1, 2014 10:38 AM PDT

Frankly Bluetooth is user unfriendly as there are profiles and more to consider. You can't just pair it and be done.

I have no idea what an Argus bluetooth 4 is (google that and didn't find one thing or the right thing?)

When I pair with my phone I do so over a SPP (profile) there are others and well, I have to install some app for the phone to sync with. I suggest you demand support from all the parties or start packing and getting refunds.
Bob

Collapse -
by Deigh123 / April 1, 2014 12:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Too little detail.

Sorry about that Argus thing. Shouldn't have trusted my memory! Product is TARGUS!!

Have been searching for support from all products. Targus had me phone them in Australia (0800 number!) and a person with limited English gave me all sorts of advice which failed to help.
I obviously need to find out what things like SPP mean and get you to tell me what app you installed.

Was beginning to wonder if windows 8 was bluetooth unfriendly! No-one has said that it wont work but I've yet to meet someone with the same equipment who has succeeded.

Advice please

Collapse -
Not any more unfriendly that Windows xp, vista or 7 was.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 1, 2014 12:45 PM PDT

I'm afraid little was done over the years in this area. However I keep a 3 buck adapter around that requires no drivers. Here's the one on amazon and you find it all over.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Dongle-Adapter-5-Pieces/dp/B00GJGUOTQ/

That's the one I keep handy. Now that we know it's some Targus my bet is that it's just the old setup issues. There are tomes of instructions on the internet but I rarely have to pair such to sync. I just use USB or WiFi today.
Bob (tipping my hand that I wrote and maintain apps that use bluetooth.)

Collapse -
by Deigh123 / April 2, 2014 5:07 AM PDT

Yep, I already have the receiving part under control. I'm using the very unit you suggested and that is no problem, I can pair with that with my mobile phone and send music from the phone to my amplifier via that unit. Problem is when I try to do the same with my computer. Computer seems to recognise the unit is available but wont talk to it. It also recognises pairing with the phone but again there is no way I can get them to pass anything either way.

My computer has several music programs like Encore and band in a box. I use them to provide the backing rhythms for my guitar playing. Up till now the two would be connected with a wire but my plan is to eliminate the umbilical chord and use wireless to pass the signal across.

Have you any suggestions on how I can achieve this with the equipment I have?

Deigh

Collapse -
True, the PC won't talk to it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2014 5:17 AM PDT

I know it's upsetting but stock "Windows" has little to talk with the usual phone about. We must install some SYNC app to get these to talk.

That is, beyond the pairing we have to set a goal of what to sync and then find out how.

Samsung has their own KIES app but two things. 1. I don't use that. 2. I don't see it mentioned here.
Bob

PS. Video at link -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaXikUKJZPE

Collapse -
Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU
by Deigh123 / April 3, 2014 6:12 AM PDT

I'm sorry but I'm getting no satisfaction from this conversation. You do not seem to understand what I want to achieve and are offering no useful solutions.
Pairing my phone to computer is merely an exercise to see it I can get bluetooth working.

Here is a precis of what I want to achieve.....
I need to play my music programs like Encore and Band in a Box through an amplifier. ( I use this to provide backing rhythms for my guitar playing). Had a lot of problems with a wire connection so eventually gave this angle away and decided to go Bluetooth and cut out the wire completely.
I can't get it to work for me. Bluetooth 4 is supposedly standard in this machine but it does not seem to be present, so I purchased Targus bluetooth 4 and plugged the dongle in.
Despite a couple of months experimenting I cant get it to work. I have a bluetooth receiver EDUP EP-B3502 which will pair with my phone and works well. But try it with the computer and ....zilch
Try to find the reason and the computer insists either that I have not switched it on or alternatively that the user has disconnected it. There is no switch on the dongle, a blue light is on so we know it is working but can't get any further.

Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU windows 8

Collapse -
I wish you had lead with what you wanted to do.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2014 6:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung XE500T1C-A01AU

Sending audio is done over AD2P and why you are hitting a brick wall is that Windows does not support receiving AD2P from a BT device. -> as in zilch.

No amount of pairing will get around that. I know that has been discussed before but now I see why you can't get it to work. It's not a feature.

I have a few Miccus Bluetooth audio receivers that will pair up and I can send audio to that but I would be guessing if you were trying to craft something new. That is something that avoids the usual audio mixing panel prior to the amplifier.

-> Thanks for this. It cleared up a lot of why we were not getting anywhere.

Example mixer? http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BEH-Q1202USB-LIST?src=CNET
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
OK, just for fun.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2014 7:50 AM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!