Question

Bluetooth Keyboard that works for 2016 Samsung UN65KS8000??

Just bought this KS8000 series flatscreen and can't seem to find a bluetooth keyboard that works! I have a wireless Logitech 400K (with mini usb unifier) which doesn't seem to be recognized. Researching some online reviews of bluetooth keyboards isn't encouraging (including Samsung's brand keyboard!!!) Has anyone discovered a bluetooth keyboard that works for the KS800 series? Been "chatting" with Samsung and that seems to be fruitless. Hence, thanks in advance for any helpful info!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Bluetooth Keyboard that works for 2016 Samsung UN65KS8000??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Bluetooth Keyboard that works for 2016 Samsung UN65KS8000??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
The 400 series is usually OK.

I wonder if the USB dongle is shielded by being on the back of the set or we need to try all USB ports. There are other issues such as the keyboard batteries are in wrong and not turned on which has some complaints. In short, to get better range we use a short USB extension cable to let the USB dongle be seen for longer range.

I've yet to pair a bluetooth keyboard with any Samsung TV. Just using Logitech K400 Plus models now.

Post was last edited on December 10, 2016 8:17 AM PST

- Collapse -
Bluetooth Keyboard that works for 2016 Samsung UN65KS8000??

R.Proffitt ~ Thanks so much for your reply. Your statement about not yet having been able to pair a bluetooth keyboard with any Samsung TV speaks volumes! Also appreciate the suggestion(s) regarding the K400. Cheers.

- Collapse -
"I've yet to pair a bluetooth keyboard with any Samsung TV."

That's bad news. I just bought a Samsung wireless keyboard VG-KBD1000 to use with my Samsung UA50KU6000 tv. The salesman assured me it was compatible, but it turns out on set-up that it isn't. So Samsung's own keyboards, specifically designed for Samsung tvs, don't work. Or have I just got the wrong keyboard?

- Collapse -
I know a little about Sam keyboards.

Those only work on specific models. It's not like a PC where you have bluetooth you know keyboards and mice work.

The Sam keyboard you noted is not for all Samsungs with bluetooth (short answer.)

Try the Logitech K400 Plus next.

CNET Forums

Forum Info