Phones forum

General discussion

bluetooth headset recommendations PLEASE!!!

I am looking for a new bluetooth heasdet for my Samsung Blast. I bought a red Aliph Jawbone headset, and I am extremely disappointed with it. People seem to have trouble hearing me, and the thing just does not fit right at all and I have tried all 5 earbuds that came with it. It is very uncomfortable. So I am looking for recommendations from satisfied users. I heard good things about Jabra and Plantronics headsets because the earpieces are gel and mold to your ear shape. But upon reviewing their websites and seeing how many options there were, I am not sure what to get. So here is what I am looking for in a headset:
1. LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE!!!!
2. good sound quality- eliminating background/wind noise well

I would appreciate any recommendations. Please HELP me find a headset Sad

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: bluetooth headset recommendations PLEASE!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: bluetooth headset recommendations PLEASE!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
help

In reply to: bluetooth headset recommendations PLEASE!!!

www.jawbone.com

Check out that bluetooth headset. It is awesome.

Collapse -
ummm no..

In reply to: help

he just said he tried the jawbone but was dissapointed. so yea ...

... i perosnaly just baught the jawbone about two weeks ago... im getitng used to the fit now. yes it isnt perfect.. but i was reading up on cnet user reviews that you can buy "Jabra Gels" that are just earpices. you can remove the plastic moulding of the jawbone earpiece and attatch the jabra gels which make it amazing, you can use it without the annoying earpiece apparently.

BUT i did go into radioshack and they didnt have it...so my search continues as well to find the perfect bluetooth headset. hopefuly i can find these jabra gels somewhere which makes the jawbone a 10 out of 10 device!

good luck on your search!

Collapse -
Motorola H700

I know that you are looking into other bluetooths, but I have the Motorola H700. It's light and not too envasive on the ear, or ear lobe. It fits tight, where I don't feel like it's going to slip out,a nd half the time, I forget that it's even there. It pretty much lasts about 4 days of average use before I feel that it would need a recharge.
With it's multi colored lights, it can indicate to you how far it needs to go until full change, from red/orage/green. Flashes purple to let you knwo that it's ready to be synced into a cell.
It has also a nice flip out design. when folded, it's off and you know it's off. Flip it open, and automaticall turns on. Dont have to fiddle with holding the call button down for x number of seconds to turn on or off.
Also, it uses a mini-usb port in way of power. If you have a cell with a mini-usb as a power port, they can be interchangable. So you can use one usb cord for both cell and bluetooth.
Most important, it's loud. Had to turn it down on occation it was so loud. I can hear the caller easily, and they can hear me easily. Naturally, it doesn't work too well in high winds, but you would end up talking louder regardless if you are using bluetooth or just the handset. At least that's how I think of it.

So hope that this helps and good luck.

Collapse -
IF you listen to music from your cell try the Motorola S9

IT's a stereo bluetooth headset that also serves as a bluetooth headset for making and receiving calls. I also have the Plantronics 510 but I am a bit worried about it falling out of my ear running through airports and sometimes my wife can't hear me as well in it. Check eBay for prices - half what you'll pay in a store - but make sure the seller includes the 3 ear bud sizes (mine didn't). Best of luck! - Mike

Collapse -
RE: IF you listen to music from your cell try the Motorola S

In reply to: IF you listen to music from your cell try the Motorola S9

This one seems nice, but I don't listen to music on my phone even though it has that capability (I use my ipod for that). I'm not sure about using this one while driving though. Since it goes into both ears, is hearing your surroundings/car stereo ever problematic for you with this one? It looks more like an "in the house" type of thing to me. Would you still recommend it if I never listen to music on my phone?

Collapse -
Jawbone

Hey I bought the original Jawbone about almost two years ago and is the best after trying all the other ones as far as confortability, great sound I even forget I'm wearing it!
When I first got it I had the same problem that most people have puting it on the ear I had even broken one of the ear pieces that come with it. Well I talked with Jawbone about it and they sent me a small video shawing the RIGHT way to put it on the ear. Well I felt so stupid because it is easier than any other headset. I can put it on the ear in 2 seconds yes you read it right 2 SECONDS!
As far as sound quality well.... I was talking to some people when the fire department was going by me with the sirens blasting! and they couln't hear anything on the other end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
Polar Bear BT001 Bluetooth Headset (White)

Collapse -
Plantronics Discovery 925

Hi ec325,

The fit and comfort of a headset is a highly personal matter. What feels good to one person is unusable to another. Without knowing the geometry of your ears and your sensitivity to pressure, it would be impossible to make a recommendation with any certainty.

I was faced with the same decision last year and I chose a Plantronics Discovery 925. Part of the reason is because I wear eyeglasses and the 925 does not use a loop or hook over the ear. Plus, I don't like sticking a plug into my ear and the 925 does not enter the ear canal.

Since the 925 does not have an ear hook and it does not insert into the ear canal like a plug, how does it stay in your ear? Answer: It has a silicone loop that fits inside the pina of the ear between the antihelix, tragus and antitragus. It does not go into the ear canal but rests gently against it. It's holding force is lateral or sideways and parallel to the head.

This works for me and it stays on my ear very well. Judging by the reviews, lots of people like it, too. But it isn't perfect---none of them are. Some people find the lateral pressure in the pina of the ear uncomfortable after a few hours. I find it more confortable than the pressure inside the ear canal of a conventional headset. You won't know until you try one.

Plus, the 925 is very small and light and this means that it has a small battery. Plantronics claims a 4-5 hour talk time but it is really only about 2 hours. However, it includes a storage pouch with its own built-in rechargable battery to recharge the headset every time you put it into the case. The case's battery is good for a couple of recharges. The same AC adapter recharges both the headset and the case battery when you're finished using the headset for the day. You can also recharge them via a powered USB port in a computer.

As for noise cancelling, the 925 is among the best. But don't expect miracles. The ONLY way to eliminate wind noise fully when you are outdoors is with a large windscreen. None of the headsets have this (it would look pretty silly) so don't have unreal expectations. The noise cancelling feature works to cut down moderate background noise but it won't work any miracles. Plus, the headset must be worn correctly (usually with the mic boom resting gently against your cheek).

Finally, and this is subjective, but I think the 925 is one of the coolest looking headsets out there.

Best regards, WiredNot

Collapse -
Just wanna share this...

In reply to: Plantronics Discovery 925

USB headsets are usually more expensive, but the sound quality is usually much better; not just in the actual sound quality of USB technology, but also in the choice of materials from headset developers.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.